Part 1

Camera's clicking, random people dancing on the streets, half the generation with their head stuck in their phone, shoots happening in unexpected places, couples making out in a corner trying to hide from the public, welcome to Mumbai.

I dint really believe in change, I mean waking up one day and finding out everything was different dint exist for me, until today, when I was finally coming back to this place after a couple years.

Hi, I am Khushi Gupta, oh yes the daughter of industrialist Karan Gupta, his name is always all over the news and so is the news about his dysfunctional family.

I left Mumbai two years back and decided to finish my high school studies in Ahmedabad for some reasons I don't like to even think about, but as they say, there's no place better than home so after two years, I finally decided to return, hoping everything was going to be like it was when I left, only if someone had told me, time doesn't wait for anyone, even if you are the daughter of one of the richest man.

The Uber dropped me outside the huge mansion that we liked to call home even though it never felt like one, I stepped out after paying the driver and walked inside dragging my bag along.

As I stepped inside, I was met by a miracle that was finding my father at home, he was always working so finding him home was a big deal.

"Khushi!" He smiled at me brightly and rushed to hug me out of excitement, I don't remember my father being so affectionate towards me.

"Hello Dad." I smiled as I broke the hug and looked at him, he did seem to be genuinely happy to see me back.

"Why dint you tell me you were coming back?" He asked.

"Did I tell you when I left? Chill dad, it's not like you care." I shrugged as I headed towards the elevator so I could go to my room upstairs and take a shower.

"So you come back after two years and decide to be rude to me, I can see nothing about you had really changed in the past two years."

"I can say the same about you dad, but I have no time to argue, I'm already a week late, who knows if the university will want to take me in." I rolled my eyes.

"You already applied for a university? Which one is it? And why dint you tell me about it? I hope it can match our standards at least." He said.

I stopped next to the elevator, turned to look at him, how come even after living with him for this many years, he dint know a single thing about me?

"I am not the type to go study in random universities dad, I choose the best in everything, you should have at least known that by now. Anyway can we have this conversation over dinner tonight? That's if you'll be home, I really need to get going."

I walked into the elevator that led to me the third floor where my room was, I pushed the door to my room open and walked in.

It was just as it had been the day I left, everything was its in place, nothing had been touched, I liked it.

I headed straight into the bathroom to take a shower, it was my first day at the university and I for sure dint want to go there looking like a homeless drug addict.

If there was one thing everyone knew about me was that I never compromised with my status, and quite honestly I was a bit of show off, but who wasn't right?

*****

Let's just say the welcome back home wasn't quite as expected, but it was my fault that I was quite delusional thinking I could just leave and come back and find things to be the same, the world wasn't going to stop for me right.