Part 4

I did manage to piss dad off last night by bringing Jay to dinner with me, honestly if I dint want to piss him off I would have never asked Jay to come either, I'm sorry but I had some standards duh.

Anyway last night was over and today I was back to college, seated in my class waiting for everyone else to arrive. A few students arrived in a few minutes and none of them even tried to talk to me, I mean why were people here so mean?

Dint anyone apart from Jay want to be friends with me?

Soon enough Arnav too walked in as he settled down beside me, he was smirking like an idiot and I hated it, I hated everything about him since he tried to burn my car down yesterday.

Idiot!

He had just settled down when his phone rang, he pulled his iPhone out of the pocket and received the call.

"Where is she?" Were the first words he spoke, dint he know how to greet people first? Anyway what I was more curious about was who he was asking for.

"Hold her there, I'm coming." He stood up and rushed out of the class, well because I was curious as hell, I decided to follow him. Look at me trying to play detective here.

By the time I was out of the class, he had disappeared, but I decided to find him and see what he was up to, too much of minding my own business?

I went around the university trying to figure out where he was and who he was talking about on the phone. When I finally found it, I was left quite surprised.

He was standing in the middle of nowhere with Aditi, the both of them seemed to be in a very heated argument.

Seriously what was the issue between this two?

"I'm not letting this go Arnav." Aditi said angrily.

"I don't care, don't keep on messing up with me, I know how to destroy other things too. I'll make you regret messing up with me." Arnav said angrily.

"Like I said, do whatever you can." Aditi looked really angry.

"Half an hour, I swear you'll be out of this university." Arnav said to her.

What? I mean what was going on between this two, which hatred did they have for each other and now why did Arnav want to throw her out of the university, I mean who the hell was he to even do such a thing?

"Why can't you leave her alone? What is with all this blackmails?" I intervened their conversation, I stood by Aditi's side and looked at Arnav angrily.

"This has nothing to do with you, don't poke your nose where it isn't required." Arnav warned me.

"She is my best friend so I will poke my nose here, stay away from her." I looked at him with my eyes wide open, I tried to look as serious as I could.

"Well let's see if you can stop me from getting her thrown out." He challenged me as he walked away, I turned to look at Aditi who seemed nervous.

"What is going on between you two?" I asked.

"Why do you care?" She rolled her eyes and tried walking away, but I was so done with this, we weren't going to be able to solve the issues between us if she kept on walking away from me like that.

"Why are you angry Aditi? I get it, I left without telling you but do you for once try to understand that I might have had my own reasons and issues. You can't stay mad at me forever."

"Maybe I can."

"I am trying to be a friend here Aditi, I'm trying to get back what we had in high school, why can't you just let me try?"

"Because you dint try when you were supposed to Khushi. You had your issues, I had mine so I'm sorry I can't understand you, so if you will, kindly leave me alone, I need to get to my class."

"Fine go, but I won't stop trying." I shouted at her as she walked away. Once she was gone, I headed back to the classroom hoping I'd find Arnav there and convince him not to do whatever the hell he was planning to.

Gladly, just when I walked in, I bumped into him, he had his stuff and it seemed like he was leaving.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

"I don't talk." He shrugged as he walked out, I followed him behind calling out his name.

"What's wrong with you? Why are you following me?" He stopped and turned to look at me angrily.

"I'm just trying to talk to you Arnav, why are you always so mad at everyone? And why do you keep blackmailing Aditi, why can't you just let her be?"

"Because I don't let people just be."

"Look Arnav, I don't know what's wrong between you two or why you are enemies or anything, all I know is that Aditi is my best friend and right now she's mad at me, the only way I can solve our mess is if she's here, so I can get a chance to talk to her and make her forgive me.

I know you have the powers, I know you can get her thrown out, I'm just asking you not to do it, please. This is the only chance I have." I looked at him sadly hoping he would listen to.

"Why do you think I would take pity on you?" he moved closer to me raising his eyebrow. Wow I was so nervous when he moved closer to me, I felt like my heart would jump out of my chest.

"Because you did pity on me yesterday."

"Well not every day is your lucky day, watch me throw her out of the damn university." Arnav challenged as he walked away. I couldn't see any other way of stopping this from happening, the only person that could help me was dad.

Arnav might be powerful, but I guess so was my father, and he never said no to anything that I asked for, lucky me.

I pulled out my phone from the pocket and dialed dad's number.

*****

"Hey!" Jay waved at me excitedly.

"Hey." I smiled at him, he walked towards me and sat down beside me with a huge smile on his face, he seemed very happy today.

"Are you coming to the fresher's party tomorrow?" He asked.

"There's a party?" I looked at him in surprise.

"Yup, happens every year for the new students, it's usually arranged by the seniors, it's a lot of fun and as it's mostly people from high class there are awards given too, for the best dressed, best couple, best this and that. A lot of stuff. You should come, I'm sure you can win the best dressed." He smirked.

"And why are you so sure? We've known each other for like two days."

"I don't know, I just have that feeling." He laughed.

"Well then you don't know my best friend, Aditi was the one that always won such kind of competitions, she wouldn't let anyone win no matter what, it was always so big for her." I smiled.

"Which means she would come too, you should come and try to sort your friendship then." Jay suggested.

"I'm sorry but that isn't happening." Aditi interrupted our conversation.

"Aditi, I..."

"Enough Khushi, you left by your own choicer, you can't come back in my life again and expect me to be fine with it, so don't follow me to the party even, nothing will make us friends again, why can't you just get that? And yes, like always I'll win the best dressed."

"So much of attitude huh Aditi?"

"Well life taught me a lot after you left, at least I know I don't need fake friends like you." she rolled her eyes at me.

"So that's what you think of me? A fake friend? You know what fake friends do Aditi? They don't let you win the best dressed when they can win it themselves."

"Oh so you think you can win this?"

"Of course I can and I will."

"We will see, I won't let you win like that." She challenged me as she walked away.