Part 9

I was settled in the class waiting for the lecturer to come so the class would begin, all the students were already there except for Arnav and another guy who used to sit in front, it looked like he wasn't coming today so I decided to take his place, after Arnav told me very rudely last night that he dint want to see me, I dint want to sit with him either.

Some while later, the lecturer walked in followed by Arnav who headed straight backwards and settled down in his place and the lecture began.

While I was busy concentrating in class, the girl seated beside me poked me with a pen.

"What?" I looked at her angrily. I mean I dint know this girl and I hadn't ever talked to her until now and suddenly she was poking me out of nowhere.

"Are you and Arnav together?" She asked. I looked at her in shock, why would she even think that?

"Why would you even think so? Jeez me and Arnav, never happening."

"He never used to allow anyone to sit beside him, you are the only one who sat there and he dint object it." She said.

"Because there were no other empty seats in the class." I shrugged.

"Then why can't he stop staring at you?"

"What?" I turned around and looked at him immediately, I caught him staring at me but he looked away pretending otherwise, well that was something new. Yesterday he said he dint want to see me and now he was staring at me. What was up with this guy?

"Well what can I say, I'm pretty hot, guys can't keep their eyes of me." I boasted as I flipped my hair.

I looked at the board trying to concentrate when I saw a crumpled piece of paper fall on the desk of the girl that was seated beside me, she picked it up quickly and read whatever what written on it, once she read it she looked pretty nervous. She tore the paper into tiny pieces and put them in her pocket.

Weird.

"Excuse me sir, I'm not feeling quite well, can I leave?" She stood up suddenly.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm feeling nauseous, I might throw up, excuse me." She said as she grabbed her bag and rushed outside, she was pretty fine until she got the crumpled paper, what was written in it that made her nauseous? And who threw it to her.

"And where do you think you are going?" I heard the lecturer once again, we all turned our heads around to look at whoever he was looking at, it was Arnav who had also grabbed his stuff and was leaving I think.

"I realized I can't see well from behind there, there's a empty seat at the front so that's where I'm going to sit, any problem?" he asked

"Okay fine, settle down quickly." The lecturer shrugged, Arnav sat down beside me smirking like an idiot, if I was stupid I wouldn't get it but I now understood very well where the crumpled piece of paper came from and why that girl left, he must have told her to.

But why would he do so? Or why would he even want to sit with me at the first place?

"Last I remember, you said you dint want to see my face again." I said.

"So?" Jeez, this guy and his attitude.

"So why are you seating beside me now?"

"Dint you hear what I just said? I couldn't see the board properly." He shrugged.

"There is nothing written on the board, besides you threw a crumpled paper at the girl and she left, you scared her off so you could sit here."

"Smart, but I dint throw that paper."

"Really? Anyway whatever, it's not like I care." I rolled my eyes and looked away from him, he was weird, strange and all those words that fitted his behavior.

Once the class was over I grabbed my stuff and walked out hoping to find Jai so we could have lunch together, I had another class in the afternoon so I had to stay back.

Gladly, I found him looking for me too, so once we met, we decided to head to the canteen first and get ourselves something to eat.

"Is Aditi around today?" I asked Jai, I hadn't seen her today so I thought maybe she dint come to the university.

"I think I saw her in the library before, I'm not sure if she's still around, why are you looking for her though? I thought you were going to stop apologizing to her since she ruined your dress." Jai said.

"Do you see this bag I'm holding Jai? It's a limited edition Louis Vuitton, Aditi and I had been looking for it since ages, I just wanted to show off a little." I giggled. I knew she was going to be jealous, first of all I won the title yesterday and today I was carrying the bag she was crazy about but couldn't find, I was going to have all her attention, well wasn't that what I wanted? A little bit of attention from my best friend?

"Oh God. You girls and your bags and shoes and clothes. I bet you have over a hundred pair of shoes and bags." Jai said.

"You underestimate me Jai, I am Khushi Gupta, the Khushi Gupta, I mean hundred is such a small number." I rolled my eyes as I walked into the canteen, Jai just laughed.

*****

After having lunch, Jai and I sat in the staircase talking about random stuff, Aditi was till nowhere to be seen so I figured she must have left, no worries, I was going to carry the bag tomorrow again, I was going to carry it until she noticed.

Jai and I chatted for a while and then he decided to head home as he dint have any classes after and I headed back to the classroom.

In a few minutes, everyone was back in the class, except for the girl that had been sitting beside me before Arnav scared her off and Arnav himself.

Well talk of the Devil and the Devil appears, I saw him push the door open and walk in and just at the exact moment some random guy came to sit beside me.

"Hey, you are Khushi Gupta right?" He asked.

"Uh yes."

"Wow, I've heard so much about you. And you are absolutely gorgeous, I've been wanting to talk to you since long but couldn't gather enough courage." He looked at me in excitement.

"What happened to no one sitting in Arnav's place?" Arnav asked as he walked towards us, the strange guy looked at him like he was scared as hell.

"Good news, this isn't Arnav's place." I said.

"I sat here in the morning, I'm sitting again right now so it is my place, now you, get lost." He ordered, the guy stood up silently and walked away. Arnav was basically some kind of a don here, people were scared as hell of him.

"Well all the best for your new seating position." I looked at him for a moment and then stood up and headed to sit at the back where I had been sitting with him initially. I felt like laughing at the expressions Arnav has on his face once I sat down.

He also grabbed his books, stood up and once again sat down beside me.

"What, are you following me now?" I asked.

"Don't give yourself much importance, I just dint like sitting so close to the lecturer, it was boring."

"But just two seconds ago you were telling the guy to get off your seat."

"Because I have to maintain the fear, otherwise how will people respect me?" He rolled his eyes.

"People don't respect you Arnav, they are scared of you, there's a difference. And anyway now that you are sure you want to sit here, I'll head back at the front, you dint want to see my face, I'm just obeying you by not showing it to you." I smirked as I stood up to leave once again but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

"Sit here silently." He looked at me very seriously.

"Aww does Arnav want to sit with me?" I looked at him and pouted, I was really trying not to laugh.

"One more work and I'll burn that car of yours now sit silently." He threatened, I just nodded and settled down, who was he kidding? I knew he would never burn my car, it was just fun messing around with him and tacking his stupid attitude.