Part 7

There was a huge crowd of students dancing in the middle of the hall, I could see Aditi in between there and not being able to wait to make her jealous, I grabbed Jay's hand.

"Let's dance." I said to him as I pulled him along, we both joined the crowd and started dancing, I made sure to move closer and closer to Aditi so she can notice me but she seemed too busy to even notice me and now I was getting mad.

"I'm going to get a drink, do you need something?" Jay asked.

"I'll come with you." I said deciding to go with him as Aditi was too busy to notice me. I knew she was going to see me at one point or the other, I was just too impatient to make her pay back for what she did to me.

After getting our drinks, Jay and I stood in a corner looking at everyone, I don't know where Arnav had disappeared suddenly because I couldn't see him anywhere in the party.

"You know you look so gorgeous today, I can't stop looking at you." Jay said to me.

"I know, I'm so hot it's hard to keep your eyes off me." I laughed.

"It's actually true." Jay laughed back, I stopped laughing and looked at him seriously, he wouldn't stop staring at me actually.

"Now if you keep looking at me like that, I might think you have a crush on me." I rolled my eyes and turned to look at Aditi who was still busy dancing with some guy I hadn't seen in the university before.

"What if I actually do have a crush on you?" Jay asked, I looked at him in surprise, I wasn't surprised that he had a crush on me, that was a normal thing, a lot of people had had crushes on me, I just wasn't expecting him to admit it, he dint seem like the kind of a guy who would admit his feelings so openly.

"Then too bad because I don't have one on you. I mean now that I know you and we are sort of friends, I could actually think about dating you but the problem is our status, I mean you and me? Nope not happening. Sorry, I have to break your heart Jay." I pouted.

"Is Status that important Khushi?" He asked.

"Well ofcourse." I rolled my eyes.

"What about love?"

"Oh come on Jay, you just met me don't say you already love me."

"Of course I don't? It's just a hypothetical question. Like for example let's say one day you meet a guy, not me, just any other random guy, who makes you so happy, does everything to keep you happy and you fall in love with him but then find out he's from a middle class family. What would you choose? Love or Status?"

"We'll let that day come then I'll think about it. Isn't this a very serious conversation for a party?" I laughed, I don't know why Jay was being so serious about this topic, it wasn't like I was ever going to fall in love with him.

"You! What are you doing here?" Aditi's voice distracted me. Oh so finally she noticed me, damn I couldn't stop smirking.

"Umm, I was invited to the party." I rolled my eyes at her.

"But I ruined your dress." She looked really mad and from her expressions I could clearly see how jealous she was. I knew I looked perfect, thanks to Arnav.

"Too bad that you thought ruining my dress could stop me from coming here. Surprise best friend, now if you would excuse me, I need another drink, it's very hot here I wonder why. Oh I know, it's because I look hot and you don't." I smirked as I pushed her aside and headed to get myself another thing.

This was me, sometimes I was a lot mean to people but I had never been mean to Aditi. Well if she had just forgiven me or not ruined my dress at least then this fight wouldn't have started.