Chapter 17

8 months later

Summer

Dani's POV

It's been nearly a year. Almost a year since I tried to commit suicide. Almost a year since I went into a coma. Almost a year since Jack and I broke up. Almost a year since he um...hit me. Almost a year since I was told "I love you". Almost a year......

But its been great. I've been single since Jack. After a good 2 months without Jack, I missed him so much. I cried myself to sleep every night. I asked myself: Why me? Why would he cheat? What did I do wrong? Was I not good enough? Then it hit me. Jack's a player. He's always has been. I was the stupid one to think that Jack would actually change for me. Especially not me, I'm just some girl he hated his whole life. Well, he thought he hated. I still think about Jack, and what his life is like. What if he's changed? What if he's actually the guy I thought he could be for me?

Anyways I still hangout with Nash, Sammy, Cameron, and the rest of the crew. Nicole and I are still best friends. Nicole and I don't speak to Brianna, and I'm glad. I never really found out why she would do something like that to me. I guess it doesn't really matter now.

Besides all that, I plan on making this the best summer ever. The gang and I are all heading to San Diego to spend the summer at Cameron's dad's beach house. More like a beach mansion.

As I continue down a long driveway, I finally pull into a bigger driveway. I park my car in an empty space, and cut the engine. The house is so beautiful from the outside. I can't wait to see what it's like on the inside. I step out of the car and make my way to the huge front doors. I knock three times before a certain someone answers.

"Cameron!" I squeal as I jump into his arms.

Cameron hugs me tighter and spins me around. "I missed you soo much Poo." He chuckles in my ear. "Poo" is a little nickname he gave me.

"Awe, my little bear." I coo. "Bear" is a nickname that I gave him. They go together as PooBear. Cute right? I haven't seen Cameron or the guys since the last day off school. Summer started like 2 weeks ago, so I'm glad I'm here.

Cameron lets me into the house. It looks so much better in the inside. It has like this island theme to it. Its really cool and beautiful.

"Cameron, this is just....wow." I exclaim as I look around in amazement. Sadly, I don't hear any other voices besides mine. "Am I the first one?" I ask.

Cameron nods. "Um, yeah. Everyone else will be down later, including Nicole. She said she was on her way." He informs me.

Since I'm first, I can pick the best room with the best view.

"Show me the rooms. I wanna pick the perfect one." I smile.

Cameron takes my hand in his, and he begins to show me around the humongous house. I decide on one of the master bedrooms. It has a big ass walk in closet. A huge bathroom, with 2 sinks, and a perfect view that looks over the beach. "This is perfect." I breathe out as I close my eyes.

"You don't wanna fall over the balcony do you?" Cam says from behind me. Hell no! I slowly back up from the balcony into Cam's arms. "This is perfect Cameron." I smile softly at the peaceful looking beach, and the somewhat setting sun.

"You're perfect." Cameron says. Trapped in Cameron's arms, I turn my head to face him. "You're beyond perfect." He says as he we look each other in the eyes. Before I know it, we are both leaning in. Our lips almost touch, when banging errupts from downstairs. I can't believe Cameron and I were gonna kiss. Whatever, just push it aside.