Chapter 9

Jack's POV

I can't do it. I've tried, and tried, and tried, and I can't do it. I can't get Dani out of my brain. I love her, I'm in love with her, she's my world. In a matter of a week, she's taken over my whole life. I haven't talked to her in like two weeks. She's been hugged up with Cameron lately, and it kills me. I don't want to be with Amber. I mean, we have fun, and I know she'll crawl back to me whenever I want her, but I've just lost interest. Actually, I've never really had any interest in her. I just used her. I've made up my mind, and I want to be with Dani. Its always been Dani. I don't want any other girl, but Dani. I need Dani. She's the only one for me.

Dani's POV

Jack and I haven't talked in almost two weeks, and its slowly killing me. Yes, Cameron and I have been getting close, but I can't stop thinking about Jack. I'm in love with this stupid, childish, hot, sensitive, manipulative, douche bag. He's not perfect, but I love him anyways. I know that it kills Jack to see me with Cameron, but I can't help it. Jack pushed me away, called me a slut, whore, and accused me of sleeping around. I can't forgive him easily for all the mean and hurtful things he said to me. Even though I love Jack, Cameron is here for me. He makes me feel good, he helps me forget about Jack sometimes. That's good and all, but I can't help myself. Cameron doesn't make me feel the way Jack does. When I'm thinking about him I get chills. When he touches me, its like lighting has struck my stomach. He looks at me like I'm the most important, prized possession that he can't let go. He makes me feel like I'm the most beautiful girl in the world. I do need Jack, but I'm not just gonna go crawling back to him.

____________________________________________

Today is Thursday. Half of 6th period and the whole 7th period is canceled because we have a pep-rally for an upcoming football game. Its us, the Jaguars, vs our rivalry team, the East side Knights. We've defeated them many times before. We are undefeated in the season, but so are the Knights. If we loose this game, our team doesn't go to the play offs. The playoffs are held in New York against another undefeated team. Its the West coast vs. The East coast. But like they say, the West coast is the best coast. Anyway, Jack, Sammy, and Cameron are on the team. I've became really good friends with JJ, Cameron, and Sammy. Maybe I'll go to the game tomorrow, I dont know. I really just don't want to run into Jack.

I brush my teeth, and wash my face. I go my closet and put on a black and white homies crop top sweater, black leggings with white crosses on them, and some black string up combat boots. I do my hair in a messy bun with side hairs hanging down. I grab my galaxy print back pack, my phone, and my galaxy print solo beats, then head out.

When I get outside of my house, I see Jack exiting his house as well. I quickly glance at Jack, and then look away. I walk down my driveway, and then begin my journey to school. I put my head phones on, but I don't start any music. As I'm walking, Jacks jeep pulls up beside me. I don't take my headphones off or look at him. I know that if I look into his eyes, I'm just gonna crawl back to him. Jack blows his horn twice before I look at him.

"Can I at least give you a ride?" He says. I began to feel that fuzzy feeling in my stomach. God, the things this boy does to me. After I realize he's not gonna go, I just nod my head. I climb into the jeep with Jack.

As Jack drives to us to school, we don't talk. We just awkwardly look at each other. After 2 minutes, Jack hands reaches over and puts his hand in my thigh. My palms get sweady and I began to slightly shake. Why does he have this effect on me? I can't let him get to me this easily. I quickly remove Jacks hand, but he puts it back, and moves its up higher.

"Jack, stop." I mumble and remove his hand again. I look out the window and realize, we are not going in the direction of the school. What the hell is he up to?