Chapter 20

Dani's POV

"You don't have to leave. Y'all can just sleep in different rooms." I suggest to Britt. She's packing her stuff and leaving, cause she can't stop arguing with Jack. Its just been getting worse and worse everyday. Everyone just thinks it'll be best for her or him to leave. But since everyone is more friendly with Jack, Britt's gotta go. But unlike everyone else, I believe in working things out or compromising, so I'm trying to get her to stay.

I stand in Jack and Britt's doorway, and watch her pack. "No, Dani. This is just best for everyone. No offense, but I really don't wanna end up like Jack and you did." She says as she stuffs different articles of her clothing into he bag. That one stung a little bit, but it's true. Britt stops packing, and turns and looks at me. "Dani" she starts softly. "I don't know you how kept taking him back, after all that messed up shit he did to you." She states.

"You're totally right. I don't know how I did it. I guess that I was just so....in love with him that I just forgave him every time he messed up." I explain to her. In the begging it makes sense, but in the end, you just look stupid.

"Sometimes I think that he doesn't love me. I mean he says he does, but....I don't know." She says as she runs her hand through her messy hair. "I love Jack, with all my heart." She cries.

"That's a good thing though."  I crack a half smile.

"But its also a bad thing as well. I'm like you, forget all the bad shit so I can get to finally being happy. I think that's what I wanna do. I wanna find my happiness." She sorta smiles. Maybe this will be good for her. Leaving Jack was good for me as well.

"Well girrl." I say as I dramatically snap my fingers. "Go find your happiness." I laugh at how ridiculous I may sound or look. "And while you're trying to find your happiness, don't let anything get in your way." I'm giving her good advice. Advice that I should have gave myself a long time ago.

Britt comes and stands in front of me. "Thanks Dani." She smiles and hugs me hard.

"Anytime." I smile.

____________________________________________
Jack's POV

Wow! Another girlfriend, gone. Its not that I didn't have feelings for her. I really don't even know how we ended up with each other. She was a one night stand, and then we just started hooking up like, everyday, then we, well she, just decided we were dating. Sure, I told her I loved her, and she told me she loved me. Yeah, I cheated on her, multiple times, and she cheated on me with one of my best friends. I forgave both of them and we all moved on, but I never forgot.

About 2 and a half weeks ago, when I went to that beach, Dani showed up and told me that she needed me. I don't know what that meant, but I hope its something good. She's helped me through my "relationship" with Britt. Now that she's gone, I think that I can finally just be at peace and be happy.

"I can't believe she's gone." JJ says out of the blue. Why would he care? Why would anybody care? I don't even care about everyone bringing Britt and I's break up. They should know it was bound to happen.  I just hope this conversation doesn't ruin my dinner.

"Jack's a player, and it's summer, so he can't be tied down." Sammy laughs and roughly pats my back, enough for my to make my food fall out mouth. But, I'll drink to that though. A drink to freedom. Cameron looks as if he's gonna shit his pants. He doesn't even want to be here. He just doesn't want Dani to know about him and Britt's little hookup. I know Cameron has a "thing" for Dani, and sure, he'll admit it, but this will ruin him and Dani's chance at a relationship. She'd be so disgusted with him. She'd also be angry because Cameron told her that he was all for her, and that he loved her. Cameron is just another me. And that's a very bad thing, because I'll hurt him or anyone else who hurts Dani. Nope! I don't play games about Dani.