update

Hello everyone, I apologize for not posting but I don't think you guys would believe me if I said school has been kicking my ass lol.

But funnily enough that doesn't have anything to with why I'm making this update. I have been receiving a lot of hurtful comments on Book 1 (My Brother's Best Friend). The hurtful comments are mostly on the "ATTENTION" page where I say I'm aware of the age of Kyla. The word pedophilia was floating in the comments and grooming as well. I just wanted to use this update to clear some things up. If anything Jamie acted as an ephebophile towards Kyla, not a pedophile.

Kyla is not prepubescent, she is a developed 15 year old girl. I do agree however with the grooming comments. Yes, Jamie was grooming Kyla. I'm not sure if I made it clear but Jamie indeed really liked Kyla for more than just her body. This doesn't matter though because he is an adult and she is still a child. So yes I concede Jamie was a groomer. What I don't agree with however, was a particular comment stating that I was fetishizing pedophilia.

Out of all the comments, this hit me hardest because they were attacking my character. This is the only hurtful comment I have responded to. For one, I already explained why Jamie isn't a "pedophile." And secondly, I wasn't "fetishizing" anything because this story (at first) was me projecting the grooming that I underwent when I was only 13 (No one that is friends with me in real life knows this). For those that felt I was fetishizing Kyla's and Jamie's relationship I humbly apologize. That was never my intention .

I first started writing that story when I was 14 years old. One year older than when that happened to me when I was 13. In a way I was kinda speaking through Kyla at some times. That's why I kept bringing up age in the first book. It was me expressing the discomfort I was feeling (this is kinda hard to get out lol).

Look, I just wanted to make it clear that I do not condone Jamie's actions towards Kyla in book 1. Kyla was simply a naive girl who Jamie took advantage of regardless if he really liked her or not. THAT is the reason they didn't end up together at the end. I felt very relieved and satisfied when I had finished the story with the two going their separate ways. Also another thing to put out there, though book 2 is a continuation of book 1, it can honestly stand alone.

In book 2 Kyla and Jamie are adults who know what they want and I just wanted to give my readers a happy ending. Again I apologize about the lack of new chapters, but until I get complete free time this story will be ongoing. Also if you are worried about me you don't have to be, I'm completely fine. Though the comment was hurtful, I've been through worse and survived. I do plan finishing book 2 sometime though! (For my day 1 readers ❤️)

-aesthetiicchild ❤️