EIGHT

Kyla

"I'm bout to kill a motherfucker."

"Tammy-"

"No Kyla! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

I cringed from her harsh tone.

"I don't know." I say softly. I heard her sigh at her end.

"Kyla I love you, but you can be so fucking stupid sometimes."

"I know." I say hanging my head low.

"This is what I'm talking about! You have no backbone! You're too nice and you let people walk over you! Don't let me insult you, insult me back! Show me you're not someone to mess with!"

"I can't Tammy!" I yelled starting to cry. Tammy mumbled something under her breath then sighed loudly.

"I'm sorry okay? I really care about you and you let him- He pressured you to- God why Kyla?!"

"Maybe telling you was a mistake." I say angrily. I already felt bad enough, I didn't need her insults or judgement to come my way.

"No Ky. I'm so-"

I hung up.

She called back 15 times and each time I ignored it. She soon got the message and stopped calling me. But I knew Tammy. She was not letting this go. Thankfully, she was stuck in Paris for 5 more weeks due to her work and I could continue to ignore her for the time being.

It's been 2 weeks since I lost my virginity and I felt so empty. Jordan called me once but I ignored his call. That was the last time he tried. I've been crying my eyes out since that day and drinking bottle after bottle of champagne. It helped to take my mind off what I lost.

I began to walk to my kitchen to grab another bottle because Tammy's insults gave me a headache. I couldn't find a full bottle anywhere and I sighed annoyed. I didn't feel like driving across the city to get the bottle that I was used to. I looked down at my attire.

An oversized shirt with sweatpants and socks.

If I changed, I could head to the club and get served that bottle that I really loved. Was I really about to get dressed to go get drunk?

Yes.

Yes I was.

I got dressed and left my apartment. I didn't inform Kingsley about where I was going. He would probably just refuse to drive me in my state. I decided to just walk to the club.

The atmosphere of the small environment was very different from anything I ever encountered. This was the first time I ever stepped inside of a club and well I was surprised. People were moving against each other in a manner that seemed better suited in a closed room. It smelled of so much sweat and alcohol it made me gag. The thunderous bass of the music against my ears did not help. I slowly made my way towards the bar to get what I wanted. I had captured the attention of both guys and girls but I paid them no mind. I wasn't here for any of that.

Besides,

I'm taken.

The huge bottle of champagne and the dozen of shot glasses were the only thing that I was familiar with and I felt protected as I tilted my head back and swallowed the harsh liquid feeling its fiery passage down my throat. I did that a couple of times and my vision blurred slightly but I was still sober.