TWELVE

Kyla

"I'm sorry."

"Keep going..."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

"Okay you're forgiven."

I smiled at Tammy's words and laid back on my bed.

"So when you coming back?"

"Two more weeks and I'm free!" Tammy yelled over the phone. I grinned.

"Okay we so have to go shopping when you come back."

"Girl right now I don't even want to look at clothes anymore."

"Okay we can do something else."

"Girl night?"

"Girl night." I sighed.

"Thank you! I gotta go now. Pam is breathing down my neck."

"Okay bye." I said while laughing.

"Bye! Love you."

The click at the other end of the call indicated that she had hung up and I sighed. I really did miss her. I should've never treated her that way. She was only looking out for me and plus, I kinda deserved it.

My doorbell began to ring and I went over to see a nicely dressed Jordan.

"Just got back from rehearsal?" I asked as I stepped aside to let him in my apartment.

"Yeah. They said I had a real star potential." He explained with a smile. If this would have been a few weeks ago I would've smiled back and hugged him while jumping up and down congratulating him. But it was now. And so much had happened in a few weeks. And every time we hung out or called or text each other I always felt uncomfortable. I didn't want to be in his presence.

I knew I was slowly losing feelings for him.

The question is...

How do I tell him?

"So what's been up with you?" He asked as he got comfortable on my couch.

"Nothing. Just work stuff." I said softly with the familiar feeling of discomfort rising in my body. I sat next to him on the couch ready to reveal my new feelings but he immediately started talking over me. I frowned but let him continue.

"So my dad's having a dinner this weekend..."

"Yeah?"

"It's really important and he wants to meet my girlfriend. I told him all about you. You are the girl that I'm in love with."

He ended his sentence with such a cute smile I almost wanted to forget about my doubts about our relationship.

"You love me?" I squeaked out. He laughs and leans over to kiss me. Our mouths moved in sync just like all the other times we kissed. I felt warm.

I didn't know what any of this meant.

I couldn't possibly still want to be in a relationship after what he's done to me.

Could I?

"So you coming?" He asked expectantly. I stared at him. If I told him yes that would basically be telling him, I see a future with him and that...

...I loved him too.

But I didn't love him.

But I also didn't want to tell him no.

What if he wanted to have sex again?

Could I ever gain the courage to tell him...no?

"Come on..." He urged as he kissed behind my ear and rubbed my thigh.