SIX

Kyla

"No fucking way."

"I'm dead ass serious Tammy."

"How did you feel? It's been years Ky."

"I didn't feel much of anything. So numb I guess."

"Just putting it out there that I still don't like him. No guy breaks my best friend's heart and gets my forgiveness."

I smiled sadly.

"It's just weird you know. We're in the same city. What if we run into each other again? I can't just break down in front of him. That'll be so embarrassing."

"It's pretty unlikely you guys will run into each other again. New York City is a big city. Stop sweating the small stuff. Live your life and enjoy yourself. You have Jordan even though I don't like him either but he's better than dickwad Jamie."

I laughed at that.

"Thanks Tammy. I should let you be now, it's pretty late. Good luck for the runway tomorrow."

"Aw it's never too late to talk to me and thanks. Love you girl."

"Love you too." I replied. The laptop screen went dark and I suddenly felt alone in my apartment's bedroom. Jordan went to some rehearsal after he gave me a kiss goodbye and I've been talking with Tammy for almost an hour.

I never felt so alone. I sighed as I placed my MacBook on the counter near my bed and closed my eyes.

I was soon fast asleep.

____________________

I was in my art studio doing a free style since the day was going pretty slow when Sean started calling me.

"Hello?" I answered while mixing two blues to get that perfect hue I wanted.

"Kyla!" He yelled.

"What?!" I yelled back annoyed that he just burst my ear drums.

"Anna's pregnant! I'm going to be a dad!"

I dropped my palette and stared into my phone.

"What?! Oh my God I'm so happy for you guys!"

"Mom and Brandon are on their way and we're about to surprise them." Sean said giddily. I laughed along with him. Happy news like this was able to brighten up my day.

"Also, in a week I got some important stuff to do in New York so Anna and I will be up there for about three to six months."

I squealed loudly.

"Yayyyy! I've missed you guys so much! I can't wait to help her with the baby shower."

Sean laughed loudly on the other line.

"Anna said she wants to talk to you."

"Give her the phone."

"I am, damn."

I laughed.

"Kylaaaa!"

"Annaaaaa!"

By now I was pacing around my studio with my phone pressed against my ear looking so weird with my paint stained clothes.