SEVENTEEN

***Trigger Warning: This chapter does mention cutting and rape. I'm in no way trying to encourage or glorify these things. This is simply how I am able to describe the character. A lot of things mentioned in this chapter does not need to be taken out of context. It is ALL fictional. And if you are suicidal or a victim I am truly sorry to hear that and I hope the best for your recovery. The national suicide prevention hotline lifeline is 1-800-273-8255***

Jamie

I'm sitting in the hospital I work at, way after my shift ended because Eve did it again.

It's been three years since she last did it.

I thought she was making progress, but I thought wrong.

My leg was shaking abnormally fast as I waited to hear the state she was in.

My mind kept flashing back to where I found her. The gory memory trapped in my mind with no escape.

"Eve you left the apartment door wide open. You're just asking for anyone to break i- Eve?"

I noticed water escaping the from the guest bathroom door and worry washed over me. I quickly dropped my coat on the couch and raced to the door.

It was locked.

I stepped back and kicked it as hard as I could, allowing it to come tumbling down. I took it out of my way and stared in horror at the sight in front of me.

She looked dead.

Dead.

A four letter word that held so much weight it clogged my throat.

My body immediately began to act by itself as it gauzed Eve up and lifted her to the backseat of my car and landed her in the emergency room in the hospital.

My leg was shaking abnormally fast.

I've been here for an hour and could not think straight. My face was set in a state of concern and would not budge.

"I got here as soon as I heard."

My head turned towards Chris whose face was flushed red from rushing.

I turned my head way from him. The constant waiting was getting me angry. Now I knew how all the family members of the people I operated on felt at this moment.

Waiting is

exhausting

and

draining.

Waiting...

Waiting...

Waiting...

"Jamie."

"Dr. Kumar."

"She lost a lot of blood, but she made it."

My leg finally stopped moving and my look of concern dissipated.