SIXTEEN

Kyla

"Sorry again for being a bitch the last time we talked."

"It's okay. I forgave you the minute I hung up the phone."

I smile lightly at that.

"You're the best Tammy."

"I know."

"So how long is it till you come back?"

"Just one more day then I finally can get some sleep."

"You deserve some sleep gorgeous." I said while rummaging through my shoes closet trying to find my furry slide on Uggs.

Tammy was weirdly silent on the other end of the cell.

"You there Tammy?"

"Did you mean it?"

"Mean what?" I asked confused.

"That I'm gorgeous."

I rolled my eyes.

"Girl yes. Of course. Unfortunately I'm as straight as a pencil otherwise we would have easily been the world's best looking couple. Yes!" I yelled as I finally found my uggs.

"Yeah...unfortunately. Hey I have to go Kyla, see you when I land tomorrow."

"By-"

I couldn't even finish saying bye to her as she hung up so quickly. I shrugged at her hastiness and put my shoes on.

I couldn't wait to have a girls night with her.

*****

"Kyla come on talk to me. Stop ignoring me!"

"I'm not ignoring you Sean, I'm just angrily not talking to you."

"Can you be serious for once Kyla?!"

I stopped painting and looked at him. He looked like he hasn't slept in days.

"Sean-"

"Did you tell Anna?" He asked hurriedly.

I pursed my lip.

"Is that really all you care about right now?"

"Please Kyla." He pleaded.

"No I haven't. But you should." I chastised. "Cheating on-"

"I didn't cheat!" He yelled as he slammed his fist against the table he sat at. His face was hot red and it looked like steam was coming out of his ears. I haven't seen him that angry in ages.

"Sean..." I said softly.

"I didn't cheat." He repeated coldly.

"And I believe you." I say genuinely. He looked at me with tears in his eyes.

"I don't want to tell her before I blow up on her for assuming just like you did. That's even why we took a break in the first place. I got so angry at her for something so basic like kissing her coworkers cheek. I punched a hole in a wall and scared her. Why would she ever want to marry a guy like me?"

I sat still and listened to him vent quietly.

"Sean, Anna loves you. She wants to be with you. She wants to be your wife. She's carrying your child for fucks sake! She understands your faults and is still sticking by you. That sounds like a woman who would want to be with a guy like you." I urged.