Chapter 17 this is the boy I always talk about...

Chapter 17 This is the boy I always talk about.  This is the Damon; my half brother Damon

I walk into school and see all eyes placed right on me.  I wish I could just run right out of this place and go far, far away but I can't.  At least I don't have to be here all day.  Damon's funeral isn't until four but I get to leave here at twelve because Greta put me as family.        

I asked her if I could miss the whole day and she said she can't do that.  I sighed but agreed to it.  

I awkwardly walked to my locker filling like I'm a fish in a fish tank with a lot of kids looking into the tank.  

 As I get up I see Damon's friend Reese leaning next to my locker.  "Come on" he tells me and walks with me to my first block class.   

"I feel like all eyes are on me."  I tell him as we start to walk off.    

"Yea, I know the feeling.  That's why we need to be strong and stick together for each other.  Ok?" he questions. 

"Deal"  

                                                                                              "I thought you weren't going to be coming to school today?"    

"Greta can only get me out at twelve.  I have to school half a day.  She really wouldn't say why" I shrug my arms. 

"At least you get out half a day.  I have to stay all day.  But I will be at the funeral later" he tells me as we go our separate ways to our opposite class.  As I get almost all the way in the class he calls me back.  "Oh, and Jaylin" I spin around on my name.  "Don't be hard on these people.  They don't know what to do but look at you.  They want to try all they can to be nice and they think that's by staring at you.  Don't be tough on them.  Ok?"  He asks.  

                                                                                                   "Will do, thank you!" I wave and then walk all the way into my class and get ready for the bell to ring and class to get started.

*****Space*****

"Nice of you to join us again Jaylin" Mr. Well tell me.  

I give him no answer and open my book noting I'm ready for class to start.  I don't want to be centered into attention.

"Did everything get settled ok?" he asks being smart.

 I snap.  "No actually it's not ok.  Why don't you live in my shoes and see how it feels.  You fall in love with the guy of your dreams and then he gets sick and has just died and now your teacher is giving you crap.  I don't think that's right, just saying.  So, to answer your question no it's not ok!  So may we please get started in class?  I came here to learn not have to deal with your crap!" I spit.   

He gives me a look of shock.  My class mates give me a look of shock.  

I almost ask all of them, including the teacher, 'What!' but then Mr. Well turns back around and starts class.  And I start to think, just like he should have when the bell rang instead of give crap that I honestly don't need right now.

*****Space*****

I take in a deep breath.  Greta and I walk into the funeral and do as we did yesterday and stand by the casket with Damon in it and let people come up and see him.  

I stand firm by Greta with my back proper and my hands folded on top of each other behind my back.    

After standing there for what didn't feel that long it was time for us to get seated.  I sit right next Greta and as we sit she calmly places her hand over mine that are in my lap.  I give her a weak grin and then we look ahead at the man that's doing the service.