Chapter 22 A name is something people look at you for...

Chapter 22 A name is something people look at you for.   It's something that sticks with you

I keep tapping my foot on the floor full of nerves.  I didn't come here with my mother.  I came with Greta.  Ever since last night I have totally isolated myself from my parents.                                                                                                                                                                                       I still can't understand why they invite me to something and then stand me up.  I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive them after this.  They went too far this time.                                                                          

That night when I was in bed almost asleep I heard a tap on my door.  "Jaylin, Jaylin" I heard from a soft voice.  I quickly took a glance at my clock and saw it was almost midnight.  I pretend to be asleep.                                       

I felt my mother sooth my hair and kiss me lightly on the forehead.  I wanted to whip it away right the second it was placed on my forehead but I couldn't move or she would probably know I was awake.                                       

"I'm sorry Jaylin.  I just hope you know to forgive me" she whispers.  Then I feel the bed get lift up meaning she got up.  I take a peak and right as I do I see her back to me, shutting the door.                                              

"Jaylin, he's ready to see you now." I hear getting out of thought.  The person at the door says holding a board with paper on it in her hand.  She looks like she's in scrubs of some sort.                                                         

"You ready?"  Greta asks me looking like I'm not the only one nerves.          

I don't know how well my voice is at this moment of time so I just nod to her, getting up.  Before I follow the door that's open, I wait on Greta.  I don't want to go in here alone.  I'm going to need support.                                  

I pass the lady and she gives us a smile.  I give her a fake one back.  She leads us into a room and tells us to have a seat.  We follow and do as she says.                                                                                                      

As I walk into the doctor's room I notice a bed with that thin noisy white paper over it.  Beside the bed are monitors and other 'doctor' things.  I sit on the bed and also notice the stirrups on the end of the bed.  I in addition see the two chairs in the room.  Greta sits in the one closer to the door.                                                                                                                                                                                   "Your doctor will be in here as soon as he can" the lady tells us and then shut the door right behind her.                                             

"What do you think they're going to do to me!?" I screech in fear.         

It takes a while for Greta to answer.  "I can't remember it's been so long since I was pregnant. . ."