Chapter 23 we can't be perfect

Chapter 23 We can't be perfect            

"Greta. . . I need your help" I breathe not being able to bear it anymore.    Greta and I are back at her place sitting in her living room.  We looked around and saw the things that we both liked and didn't like.  I had a fun time getting to be with Greta at the mall.  After we were done at the mall went through a quick drive threw and now we are at her place in the middle of eating our meal.                                                                                      

Greta mutes the TV.  "With what?" she questions me like she's in full concern.                                                                                                                                                                                           I look over the room feeling my face go hot.  I feel I'm put on the spot.  But she needs to know.  "Promise you won't tell, just help?"                   

"Promise"                                                                                                                                                    

I take in a deep breath and face her and meet her eyes.  I bounce off of them stare blankly at the TV.  My voice goes in a monotone like my body's here but my minds on a total different planet.  "When Damon and I were going out, and he was telling me about his history.  He told me about his dad."I take a peek at her, she seems okay.  I move on.  "He told me about him beating you . . . he told me how he'd try to protect you.  He also told me about he was expecting a sister and you was far into your pregnancy, but something bad went on.  Damon dad started to beat on you, and killed the baby."  I stop and face her.  I see tears scream down her face.        

"He remembered that!?" she screeches.                                                 

"I guess he did . . ." I answer starting to stroke her am.  After she ergs me to go with my story, I do.  "He also told me that he had step siblings after you and his dad split.  He in addition to that told me that if he ever heard of his dad hurting his siblings, he would hurt his dad.  Especially if he was hurting Natalya . . . in any kind of way too.  And he said he better not be hurting her sexually." I glance up and see Greta with a blank look on her face.  I go on, "Well at the funeral, I got to know Natalya a little better.  If you remember Natalya and I took a walk with each other.                         

"Well, Damon was right.  Her dad is hurting her. . ." I finish with tears swimming in my eyes.  That poor little girl has to go with so much, and at such a young age.  "We have to save her!" I say trying not to cry but fall short.                                                                                                          

 I look her way and see she looks like she's a statue.  Stiff.  No moving in her body, anyway.  The only thing I see on her face is tears; tears slowly falling down her face.                                                                                      

Silence passes.  I start to think on pass things to keep my mind occupied.  I think back on when I was little.  I can recall where my favorite game to play was 'house'.  It was where I had a little doll house.  It had a little table in it and a little window.  I also retain information on what color the little house was.  It was red.  I was always in that little house.  It was my favorite thing.  I pretend I was a mommy.  I would have my little girl doll.  I told myself I always wanted to be a mommy, and have a little girl.  Now I will be able to follow that dream, except I'm scared, and I don't know what gender I want the baby to be.  When I was little it was different.  My parents actually gave me attention, ate with me at the table.  Back then I didn't have to worry about anything because I didn't have too.  But now . . .