Chapter 18 I can tell you love him

Chapter 18         I can tell you love him                                

They start to load Damon into the hearse and people start to form around it and watch the closed casket with Damon in it be placed in it.  After the door shut people start to cut into little conversations.                                             

A lot of the people come up to Greta and I saying that they are very sorry.  I just stand there and give them a weak smile trying to read, 'thank you' and Greta thanks them and here and there have a short conversation with them.

                                                                                                       Reese comes over and stands with me while Greta is talking.  I look into his eyes and see that they are red.  Touch guys don't cry.  I think that is because they think if they do cry that means, to them, that they are weak.  I think it's almost the other way around though.  When I guy cries, touch or not, that means that they care.                                                                

I look over to the people that are still around and haven't gotten in their cars yet to wait, and don't find who I'm looking for.  I want to talk to Damon's sister.  I want to show to her that I loved her brother.  And try to tell her how much he loved her.  I also want to try to find out more on her dad.  See if he hurts her, or her mother, or even either of her two brothers.              

I finally give up in look for them.  I don't spot them.  I just hope they come to the actual burial, and don't chicken out and don't show up.                

 "I'm going to go in my car, I'll meet you there" Reese tells me brushing his hand over my shoulder and then heads to where his car is in the line.                                                                                       

 "Ready?" Greta questions me.  I nod my head, and so we head to where her car is that's right behind the hearse.

Greta and I get out of the car and head to the tent that's right beside that hole that Damon is about to be placed in.  We get to sit at the very front.  I feel a tad out of place because the seats are for the family.  I feel that I'm technically not family.  I am, was just a girlfriend.  Not a sibling.                            

More family sit around and behind me.  I look and see them and wonder who is who of Damon's. 

When we went out we didn't talk much about Damon's family.  He didn't want too.  He said that right now they're not in his priorities, I am his priority.                                                                                                      Thinking about him and the wonderful times we had together I start to softly cry.  I don't know how I'm going to be able to handle this.  It seems that I can't go less than a day without crying, and missing him so less alone me having to go the rest of my life without him.  I don't know how I'm going to be able to take it.                                                                                   

The guy gets up in front of the casket and says a few more words on Damon's behalf.  "Damon was a very handsome young man.  He was very caring to other people." He looks over to Greta and goes on, "Greta, you had such a good son.  And he loved you very much.  But now he's in a better place.  He's watching over you right now to see that you're ok."