Chapter 2: Not Really a History Person

Ned, Peter, MJ and I walked into my History class and as soon as I stepped through the door, all eyes turned to me.

Great. Just another perk of being the new kid.

"You must be the new girl," a voice to my left said. "Welcome."

"Thank you." I said, startled by the sudden noise. 

An older woman, the teacher I assumed, looped her arm through mine and dragged me to the front of the classroom. "Class this is Y/N Weston and she just moved here all the way from Oregon. Be kind and welcome Miss Weston to our class." 

"And oh Miss Weston?"

"Yes sir?"

"We just started writing an essay about the difference of events between World War I and World War II. Sit next to Mr. Parker over there. He can fill you in on what is required of my essays."

I breathed a sigh of relief. At least I didn't get stuck next to someone I didn't know.

"Hey." Peter whispered.

"Hey." I said. "So what's the deal with this teachers' requirements'? Does she not give out rubrics?"

Peter laughed. "Yeah, Mrs. Herring doesn't believe in rubrics. She believes in listening and learning. She explained it at the beginning of the year what he required on all of our essays. I could write it down for you if you wanted."

Feeling a little bold I said, "No, no I won't put you through that trouble. I can just give you my phone number instead, it might be easier"

Shock took over Peter's normally soft facial features. 

"Um... yeah sure no totally. Let me just get mine and uh... here you can put it into mine."

I looked down at what he had given me that I guessed was supposed to be his phone. It looked like a phone but with a more personalized' touch. It looked like he had tried to hack into it or make it some super techy robo-phone.

He saw me looking at it and his cheeks immediately deepened to a dark red. Feeling bad I typed in my number and hurriedly gave it back to him, turning back towards the front of the classroom to pay attention to the rest of class.

When it finally ended I ran up to the front to catch up with Peter.

"Hey Peter?" I said, breathlessly. 

"Yeah Y/N?"

"So, I've got to admit I'm more of a math person than a history one. Any way you could help me out with this essay?"

I saw his cheeks turn red again and I even blushed a little myself realized how bold I must have sounded.

"Oh yeah sure plus... you know, since you're new and all and I can um... help you..."

His rambling was cute.

*clears throat* "Would you want to come over to my house? We can work on it together."

"Sounds perfect."

"Can't wait." Peter smiled, gave me a little wave and walked to his next class.