Chapter 25: You stole my thunder

Ned's POV:

"Hey Ned, where's Peter? He wasn't in class?"

"Nice to see you too MJ. How are you, how was your day? Is that a new book?"

"Fine, fine, and yes, now answer the question dork."

"Not here," I whispered and looked around suspiciously. Anyone could be listening. "Come with me."

We rounded the corner into an empty hallway and I told MJ what was going on.

"So, you're saying that the reason Y/N hasn't been here for two weeks is that she got kidnapped or something and you and Peter found out where she lives like creepy old men stalkers and he skipped last period to go and find her."

"...yes."

"Cool, how can I help?"

Peter's POV:

I went over to Ned's after school hoping to find him at home and not busy. Even better, I found both him and MJ hunched over a computer trying to find something.

"Guys, I think I know where Y/N is!"

They didn't jump or even turn around. They were used to me sneaking up on them.

"Yeah, Peter. We think we do too."

"What... how?"

"Well, MJ likes kidnapped murder mysteries and she suggested that if Y/N was kidnapped, she wouldn't be taken anywhere obvious, and then she told me that she read Y/N's diary one time she went over and read about how much of a creep her dad was. Y/N really didn't like him that much."

"Really MJ?"

"What? It was open... in a drawer.. under some papers."

"Ridiculous." I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, MJ then said that when she was at Y/N's house she saw weird machine-looking things that looked hand-built... and dangerous. So I did some research. His name is Ralph Weston, born in Phoenix, Arizona, and moved here with his wife, Shirley Weston. They had Y/N and then 15 years later, she died in a car crash."

"Ok, when are we going to get to something useful?"

"I'm getting there Peter. It's called Rising Action."

"Ned..."

"Right right, anyway, so I looked at the autopsy report and unless she died in the car crash without a scratch on her much less a broken bone or a damaged nerve, she didn't die from a car crash."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that Shirley Weston didn't die in a car crash. She was completely unharmed by the pictures I saw. I even hacked into the hospital records to see if I could find anything and I found something really interesting."

"She was being drugged and she would forget who she was and what she knew."

"Really MJ!? You stole my thunder!"

"Sorry, you were taking too long."

"She's got a point, Ned."

"Ok, whatever. May I finish."

"Yes." MJ and I said in unison.

"Soooooooo, in the pictures in the autopsy report, there were needle marks all over her body. That's how the drug was being put into her. I figured she wasn't doing it herself because she had no medical issues and no history of drug abuse."

"So we figured it was the dad. Sorry, Ned."

"Ugh, it's fine. Yes, so we think that it was the dad that was doing all this. We looked him up and found everything about him. I even looked at his properties and guess who owns that warehouse that you and Y/N got shot at?"

"Her dad."

"No, but a company that her dad used to work for in Phoenix that got shut down because of their 'dangerous' ideas did."

"What kind of ideas?"

"That I don't know. I'm good with computers but they had a very impressive firewall."

"So, the properties...?"

"Yes, so I looked at all of his properties and found that he himself owned a cabin a few hours from here outside of the city."

Ned pulled up a picture of the cabin.

"Yes, that's what I was going to say. I went to Y/N's house and found a picture of that same cabin. It had bars on the windows and security cameras at every turn. Do you think that's where Y/N might be?"

"That's what MJ and I were thinking. This is the address."

"Thanks, guys, y'all are awesome!"

There wasn't time for more research. I had to go find Y/N.