Chapter 18: Hello Peter

(super short chapter but it's worth it I promise)

Peter's POV:

"Y/N!?"

I ran over to Y/N only to find her unconscious, but breathing. Knowing she was alive at least, I turned to her attacker. It was a man as far as I could tell based on his build. His face was covered by what looked like a plague doctor's mask and he had something in his hand. It was in the shape of a sphere and glowing a faint light blue.

What is that?

Before I had time to react, the man clicked a switch on his device and everything went dark.

A few hours later...

Where... where am I?

It was dark where I was and I found myself sitting on a hard cold surface. Concrete probably. My eyes were adjusting to the darkness and all I could make out around me was a cage, jail bars, a desk with a small lamp hanging over it covered in papers and a cell like mine to my right... with someone in it.

"Y/N? Y/N is that you?"

The body in the cell next to me didn't move and was turned to the side so that I couldn't see their face. They were breathing but barely.

I tried to make my way over to them but realized my foot was chained to the floor and it was then that I realized my mask was off.

They know who I am...

I heard a door open in the distance with a horrible squeal. A figure walked down, not getting close enough for me to see his face.

"Who are you? What do you want?"

"Oh Peter, you really know nothing do you?"

Shit. She knows my name.

He must have seen the confusion on my face because he let out a dark laugh.

"Yes yes, I know who you are. You don't know me, but you will."

"How about you chill with the theatrics and tell me who you are and what you want!"

"Ugh you young kids have no patience. No appreciation for intrigue. Fine. Hello Peter, my name is Matthias and I'm going to kill you."