Chapter 4: Should Have Said Please

"God Peter. I'm so sorry."

"It's ok you're um... actually the first person I've told about what happened."

"But haven't Ned or MJ asked?"

"Sure, but I usually just change the subject. They're not as easy to talk to as you are."

He looked up at me with his beautiful hazel eyes and gave me a small smile. I returned it and then started to notice him leaning in a little. I returned the gesture and started to lean in until there was a knock on his door and we jumped away from each other.

"Hey kiddos it's me. It's getting pretty late and you two have school tomorrow."

"She's right." I sighed

"I'll walk you to the door." Peter said disappointed.

I turned back towards him when we reached the door. "Hey, thanks for all the help today. I would not have done well on this without you."

"Anytime. And hey, we helped each other out."

"Haha, not likely. You basically did all the work."

"Anything if I can do it for you."

I blushed and turned toward the door.

"Well, see you tomorrow Pete." I nudged him and we both laughed.

"See you tomorrow."

Peters POV:

"I'm an IDIOT!"

I groaned as I slid down the wall to sit on the floor.

"Who says that? You've known her a total of what? 12 hours? Less? Come on man."

Aunt May came around the corner. "Well, I thought she was really sweet."

"Yeah Aunt May, she is."

Y/N POV:

Well that was all very sudden

"God, you've known him for less than a day. Get it together." I said aloud.

I was walking down the street still thinking about that goofy nerd upstairs that made me feel something that I didn't know if I was ready to feel again. My thoughts distracted me from the slight rustling noise behind me. Before I knew it, I heard a the cock of a fun and cool metal touch the back of my head.

"I don't want trouble lady, just give me the bad and we can both be on our ways."

I didn't move. I didn't breathe. This wasn't happening, not again.

"Get away from me." I said through my teeth, still struggling to breathe.

"Give me the purse first." A deep voice growled.

Not again

"Get. Away. From. Me." I seethed.

"You should take the lady's advice."

Blue and red flashed before my eyes and the cool metal that was touching my head suddenly turned warm and sticky. I turned around to find what looked like a boy in spandex shooting webs out of his hands. I had no idea who he was but my almost mugger seemed to.

"Don't hurt me." The man pleased to the guy in the spandex.

This spider boy person shot webs out of his hands forcing the man back against a wall and stuck his hands above his head.

"Should have said please."

I could hear the boyish humor and the sarcasm in his voice. It was cute.

Spiderboy picked up my purse and gave it to me.

"Thank you... Spiderboy?"

He groaned.

"It's Spider... Spiderman."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Thank you, Spiderman."

"All in a day's work ma'am."

He tipped a pretend hat and shot a web out catching a building some 50 stories above us and launched himself off the ground.

"Should I call the cops?" I yelled after him. 

"Ok, yeah I'll call the cops."