Chapter 9: The Dream

Y/N POV:

"Y/N can you hear me?"

"Y/N I need you to get up honey. We have to leave."

I saw the scene before me unfolding. Although this looked familiar. Was that... me?

"Y/N GET UP!"

"Mommy?"

Mommy?

"Hi yes honey it's me. It's mommy. Come on now get up, we have to go."

What was happening?

"Mommy where are we going?"

"I'll tell you in the car sweetie. But for now come on. No time to pack, we have to leave."

"Can I bring my bunny?"

"Yes sweetie you can bring your bunny but we have to hurry or else-"

"Or else what?" I yelled at the scene. "Mom? Mom, what's happening? What is going to happen?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*gasp*

"Sweetie? Sweetie wake up. It's your dad. Are you ok? It sounded like you had a nightmare."

A nightmare?

"Y/N are you ok?"

"Yeah, dad," I said pushing him off of me. "Yeah, I'm ok."

"Good. You had us worried."

Wait... us?

"Us?"

"Oh um Y/N. Well, I guess this is as good a time as any. Y/N, I would like you to meet Daphne Waters. We've been seeing each other for some time now. "

I'm sorry WHAT?

As soon as he said it, a tall redhead with legs for days came from around my door. She had stunning blue eyes and lips the color of red wine. She was beautiful. 

"Um... hi?"

"Hi, sweetie. It's so good to meet you at last." She came over and took my hand. "Your dad has told me all about you."

"Yeah uh huh and wait... how long have you two been seeing each other?"

They both exchanged nervous looks.

"Well sweetie, about a year now."

"A YEAR?"

"Y/N don't get upset. I met her and-"

"HOW CAN I NOT BE UPSET? MOM DIED TWO YEARS AGO DAD! TWO! AND FOR ONE OF THOSE YEARS WHEN YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN GRIEVING, YOU TURN AROUND AND START SEEING THIS TRAMP-"

"Y/N that is QUITE enough. Do not talk to your future mother-in-law like that."

"I'm sorry, my future WHAT now?"

"I have asked Daphne to marry me."

I couldn't do this. I had to get out of here.

I pushed past dad and Daphne and ran straight out the door, not bothering to change or get my backpack or even eat breakfast.

"She'll come around." I heard behind me before I slammed the door shut.