Chapter 3: Pickles

"Aunt May we're home."

"We?" Came a sweet voice from another room. 

I had met Peter after school at what he said was where I would have the best sandwich I'd ever have. Delamo's? Delmar's? Something like that. His apartment was just a few blocks down from there so we picked up a few sandwiches and walked to his house.

"Yeah Aunt May. I brought over a friend from school."

His Aunt May came out of from the kitchen but she did NOT look old enough to be an aunt.

"Peter your Aunt is gorgeous." I whispered.

He sighed. "Yeah, I hear that a lot."

"So what's your name dear?"

"Y/N Weston.

"Weston... that name sounds so familiar. Do I know you from somewhere."

"Uh no ma'am I don't think so."

"Anyway, " Peter coughed, "Aunt May, we're gonna go work on a paper for History in my room."

"Ok you kids have fun but not too much fun if you know what I mean."

*closes door*

" DO YALL WANT SNACKS?" Aunt May yelled behind the closed door. 

Peter groaned and jumped on his bed face down. I definitely wasn't noticing the fact that his butt looked really good in his pants.

"You good Y/N?"

I snapped out of my daze

The way he said my name...

"Yeah I'm nope I'm good. Ready to get started?"

"Yes but first you have to try the sandwich."

"You first, think quick!"

I tossed the sandwich at him while his back was turned to me but as soon as it left my hands, he whipped around and caught it easily.

How did he move that fast?

"Try it at the same time?" He asked.

"Deal."

We both took a bite and while I swear I got turkey on mine, all I tasted was pickles. Peter must have seen my sour face because he was quick to apologize for them.

"Oh I'm sorry, I like extra pickles on mine and I forgot to ask... um... sorry."

"It's ok," I laughed. "I like it. It's different. But in a really good way."

He smiled and I returned it.

"So, now that you have had sustenance, how about that history paper."

"Ugh if we have to." I groaned.

"So, the topic is the different events in World War I and World War II. I think we could talk about..."

His voice seemed to blur into the background and all I could think about was how cute he looked when he talked about history. The way he twirled his pencil in his hand and the way he'd run his hand through his surprisingly perfectly styled hair.

And how close his hand was to mine

"So you can either talk about that or focus more on one main event from each war."

"Y/N?"

"Hmm?"

"You good?"

"Yeah, yup I'm good. 100%." I stuttered.

Idiot

"Hey Peter?"

"Hmm?" His nose was already buried in a book.

"Can I ask... how come you live with your aunt?"

He looked up, startled but was soon overtaken by a look of sadness.

"Oh shoot no, Peter I'm so sorry I shouldn't have asked."

"No no, it's ok. It's actually kind of a long story."

"I'm here."