Chapter 16: Holy Shit

(Short chapter but it's worth it. Trust me ;)

Y/N's POV:

At some point during the night, I had fallen asleep and when I woke up, Spiderman was gone. Well, he was gone except for a note he left on my bed saying, "Thanks for the crappy stitch job." with a smiley face.

Dork

Peter's POV;

She was cute when she slept. Really, really cute. There was something in the way that her face softened when she was asleep. I had never seen her like this, completely peaceful. It led me to believe that there was something going on that disturned that peace.

Not wanting to wake her, I slowly picked her up from the desk that she had fallen asleep on and led her to the bed. She wasn't heavy, but she was dead weight which made my job a little harder. When I finally got her in the bed, I put a blanket on top of her and leaned down. I pulled my mask up just enough so that my lips were visible and I kissed her on the forehead.

"Thank you Y/N," I whispered. And just like that, I was gone.

Y/N's POV:

Chemistry test day.

Great

I had spent all day and night Sunday studying for this test and still felt like I didn't know a thing.

"Hey Y/N," a familiar voice called from down the hallway.

"Oh, hey Peter," I said sluggishly. I was so tired and braindead that I didn't even think about the last time I saw Peter...

"You look terrible."

Smooth

"Thanks Peter," I said in my most sarcastic voice.

"No um sorry no I didn't mean that I just meant that you look really tired."

"Yeah, I would think so. I spent all day yesterday studying for my stupid Chemistry test."

"Oh geez, well I hope you do good on it. Wanna get lunch together after? You can rant to me about how bad it was."

"Haha yeah Pete, that sounds good."

He walked away with a limp.

"Hey Pete, you good? You're limping."

"Oh yeah no, I'm fine just...accidentally ran into my... bedpost this morning. Just a little bruise. Nothing serious."

"Oh, ok then."

He was lying

I spent all of chemistry thinking about Peter. There was no way I could focus on my test. There was something strange going on. First, his limp, then the missing of class which he NEVER does. I found weird blueprints with spiders on it and he smelled like dumpster that one day... the day I saw Spiderman by the dumpster.

Was Peter Parker... no, no way. He couldn't be.

I needed more facts.

He disappeared at the party when I saw Spiderman, and when I left the party, I saw Spiderman again... and he knew my name. I knew for a fact that I hadn't told him my name and I was still too new to Queens and my school for anyone to be yelling my name at a party. Whenever Ned, MJ, and Peter were together and I talked about Spiderman they would either change the subject or give me weird stares.

Did they know too?

And the first day I met him, he said look what I- I mean Spiderman did last night.

Holy shit.

Peter Parker was Spiderman.

"Holy shit."

"Miss Weston?"

Did I say that out loud? Oops.

"Oh um, sorry, sir. Won't happen again."

I needed this class to be over. I had to talk to Peter.