roses. | eighty-two

ymir was unceasingly displeased.

it was a scourge relinquished to her from her unknown father and her negligent mother, a consolidated shortage of consciousness that influenced her to become inimical and rancorous of her family. expressly of her mannequin brother, who was deemed to be the true successor of the jaeger family, rather than the bastard daughter of carla's waitressing times.

from the first breath he exerted, ymir contained such rancor for him she could only feign it as misconstrued love. she had hallucinations of clutching his dazzling eyes that glistened like cornflowers out of his sockets and carrying them in her palms until they withered. she desired to approach him with a blade and stab him until his battered organs splattered on her face.

ymir, in the juvenile, malaise era she lived in, considered that if she possibly poisoned her excellent sibling, he would taste the corresponding measure of perturbation and detachment that she had preserved her entire lifetime. perhaps, if he squandered his breath and spiraled down a black tempest of emptiness, he would understand the shiverings and tsunamis of her encephalon.

in all candor, she was covetous of eren's lifestyle.

she was overwhelmed with malice toward the cherub boy, the youth that dwelled in a permanent residence, with parents who had lucrative careers and harmonious temperaments. he was awarded a grand, sentimental adolescence, while she was presented horrors of midnights in motel bedrooms alone and consistent indications that she was the foundation of all of carla's dilemmas.

she was beside herself in the fact that he received all she ever desired, while she was dropped hackneyed morsels.

such astringent abhorrence nourished and plagued ymir's brain at imminent rates from the utter representation of a parent socializing with him positively. she restrained herself in her room or lingered outside until hours after curfew, plainly so she wouldn't have to associate with him more than what was inevitable.

university followed after.

she met historia reiss, a dainty education major who would never abandon her dorm if it weren't for courses. ymir was astounded that scholars like her exist — not plummeting down expeditions of liability, but unquestionably wasn't the sort to get impeccably outfitted for a morning class.

it was the first experience ymir had of love. it was the nearest she had ever become to attaining happiness, and in a fashion, it seemed like she already did.

after graduation, ymir and historia relocated to a modest apartment only intended for one person. that precise year, eren had commenced college. there was plenty to prevent the two from braving another for a while, and ymir was euphoric.

the four years of eren's schooling were illustrious for ymir. everything was concentrated on her connection with historia, and they prospered together. she had even risen to contemplate permanent circumstances like connubiality or adoption.

carla passed two years subsequent eren's graduation, and grisha — to ymir, a stepfather who had no cognizance of his own — had deserted the homeland indefinitely. when the will was recited, it solely incorporated eren and ymir, to which eren received more than eighty percent of the capital.

the testimony itself didn't offend ymir. it was the favorability of carla's misbegotten and accepted children, and eren invariably conquered. it was an unsharpened reminder that no matter how considerably ymir transcended in growth, eren would continuously dominate her.

and that enraging division of her girlhood that she had deliberately compartmentalized liberated itself from her binds. it bathed in her profundities, producing vast drifts that advanced with a hunger to triumph, even if that meant sacrificing eren herself.

there was no requirement to do that now.

now, she stood over eren. she watched him gasp dejectedly on the floor, his mask lifted to expose those prodigious vines leisurely withdrawing themselves into his mouth. she observed them wriggle to disconnect themselves, the leafy limbs that were culpable for grasping the life of her impeccable half-brother.

there was an extended medical tube ranging from eren's abdominal wall to the core of his stomach used to feed the flowers, hindering them from reaping the nutrients from him alternatively. it was the sole device that kept him conscious to this day, but he had not satisfied himself for weeks. she wouldn't be disturbed if the body she was gazing at had already corroded.

from the minute he stood at her door, bundled up in so many layers he was smothering, she acknowledged he was to perish, yet she could not bear to grieve on his behalf. it was only a renewal of carla's entombment, another outrageously victorious moment.

she beamed and bowed down to stroke his cheek. he did not recoil, but stared into her intense, wilted eyes.

was it that eren understood her intentions all along? did he conjecture that ymir had no empathy to serve him, and was that why he became so persistent on her plotting his death?

she refocused on eren, rubbing away his tears of fulfillment, defiled with blood.

"you're such a silly boy, my dear brother. it will truly be boring without you around to taunt me in my dreams."