roses. | twenty-seven

"i don't think you're helping me, miss torres."

"aww, why do you say that?"

"you haven't been supportive of my decisions. you voice your opinion more than mine. if i wanted to have a conversation where i wasn't believed in, i would've called my parents. i came to switch therapists."

"sure, mr. jaeger. we can give you a new therapist next week. can you sit down for now?"

i nodded and sat perched in the seat.

"they aren't dating yet. but, he asked her to be his girlfriend, and she said she'd think about it. i'm sure she will say yes, as he is the most phenomenal person i've ever met."

she acknowledged me while recording what i was stating.

"sometimes, i hope that she says no. i don't want her to say no, because then he'll be sad, and i don't want him to be sad."

"that's fine, eren. you like mr. rose, don't you? it's called jealousy, and it's completely normal. the fact that you still wish him the best proves your kindness."

"why thank you," i answered, grinning to her before i quit abruptly. "but i already know that. you're teaching me something straight out of a young adult romance novel. and i don't need you to prove my kindness," i snapped.

alena appeared aghast for a moment, though it faded off promptly.

"i want to meet her."

"then you should ask him to bring her along."

"i didn't know therapy was a regular conversation. i get enough of those every day with someone i actually want to talk to."

"you're giving the impression that you don't want a therapist?"

"yeah, to be honest, i don't. is the session over now? you don't understand me, and you don't approve of whatever i do. why did i even think about coming here? you're so... yuck." i said, seeking to appear ominous.

"the session is over whenever you want it to be, eren."

i grew from my place. "it's over right now, then."