roses. | seventy-two

alena was quite as disappointed as i was.

when i had told her what he did via remarkably turbulent thrashings in writing, she gasped and glared at some parts.

opening her mouth to speak what i could only assume were very offensive phrases, she closed it again and cleared her throat.

"well, we shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly," she said with a smile. "maybe there is a certain event in mr. rose's life that reminded him of your situation, which is why he reacted so rashly."

i could suppose so, but it didn't seem like mr. rose was much of a melancholy person. he seemed to consist of solely sunflowers and daisies, so how could it ever be true that there was some section of decaying anemone buried inside him?

i shrugged. alena torres had been correct many times already. who's to say that she will not be accurate on this particular issue?

"anywho, this session is not for mr. rose, eren, it's for you," she said, easing into the subject. "how did you feel about mr. rose doing this to you? violated? overjoyed? do you feel filthy, or maybe even blank?"

of course! it was offensive to me, it was offensive to mrs. rose. i don't understand how he could do such a thing to her! he's supposed to be engaged to her, but it seems like my feelings always come first.

"oh, but eren, do you know the contents of their engagement? what if it's more of an open one? you shouldn't assume such things so quickly."

i don't think mr. rose is the type to run after more than one person.

she flapped her hands in her face as a sign of disclosure, saying one terminal statement about the subject before her attempt to move on. with one look at the clock, i knew that we were running out of time. why did it seem to go by so swiftly in the aromatic office of alena torres?

"eren, i think you glorify mr. rose a bit too much. we all do it sometimes when we love a person, but it's essential to distinguish your fantasies of that person and the realities of that person. it's a harsh world, after all. if you feel disgusted about what happened, confront them about it. do not, at all costs, keep silent about it."

the dreadful alarm on her desk rang. she looked up to me with a compassionate smile.

when i got up to leave, she held one finger up for one more word.

"and eren?"

i stared at her.

"when you come back next week, i expect you'll be able to tell me mr. rose's name."