roses. | seven

this would be the man's third week befalling, and there was an influential development in my character that even i could accumulate. i felt so enthusiastic, so felicitous to dress up each morningtide and dish out flowers to various personages, but chiefly one in particular.

he shuffled in, and i hastily took to the counter to chat with him anew, though i viewed him each day. our succinct rendezvouses weren't sufficient, they would never be adequate.

"hey, mr. rose." i addressed him before seizing the cradle of roses i had worked to perfect for him beforehand.

"how did it go yesterday?"

"about the same," he said. "there was one old lady who had thought i was trying to hit on her, though. took a lot to stop her from hitting me with her cane."

i tittered. i had likewise discovered myself producing more laughter following his periodic purchasing frolic.

"well, here you go. i'll wish you protection from the cane monsters."

the man grinned, heating my interiors to the supreme radiation as if i was a flower in arizona. he's smiled before, so i don't surmise why my body perceived something amiss. perhaps the season's warmth was bewildering me.

patting the money on the counter, he smelled his roses and wished me goodbye. i yearned we speak further.