roses. | fourteen

whenever i noticed mr. rose, my windpipe clutched tighter by the second. all he desired was a dozen and one roses, like twelve roses wasn't adequate for him.

mr. rose constantly craved more. he continuously demanded more. why did he have to be so saccharine? why did he have such a transcendent personality, but divides your core all the same?

"welcome to eren's flowers. how may i help you today?" i questioned mr. rose. it was deplorable for me to approach him as a proper client, as he was the entirety who fragmented me into sections, but i would be no higher in interest to him than a houseplant store proprietor.

"a dozen and one roses, please."

i assembled precisely thirteen roses, them being the last ones i have left.

mr. rose bought all my roses.

mr. rose caught everything i possessed. my love, my breath, and now? my roses.

"mr. ro-" i refrained from speaking that title. he didn't deserve to be mr. rose. i didn't deserve to call him mr. rose.

"thank you, sir. do you want a filler and box with it?"

"no, thank you," he responded, not even fretting about my shift in nature. did he not worry about me? was i plainly a method to spend time? a provider for his obtuse thirteen roses?

"that'll be twenty-four dollars."

he handed me the money, procured the flowers, and left. he didn't even pause for me to wish him goodbye.

mr. rose was a daylily. he was sumptuous, admittedly, but he assuredly didn't consider you.