nineteen

I was startled awake sometime the next morning. I wasn't exactly sure what startled me awake, but all I knew was that I was drenched in sweat and I was shaking. My neck hurt as I attempted to stretch from sleeping leaned forward on my desk all night long. I'd definitely not be going that again. That was the most uncomfortable way to sleep.

I got up from the chair and decided that I needed a shower. I felt gross from having how much I had sweated in my sleep. I could hear Rocky in his room laughing with someone and I instantly recognized that laugh as Adam. I didn't go in there because I needed to shower first, and plus... he was here to see Rocky, not me. I ran the shower, getting the water to a comfortable temperature before actually getting in. I was going to have to take my chances of one of the boys walking in on me, but I'm pretty sure they were both smart enough to realized that I was the one in there if there was no one else here... but then again, they were both boys, so who knows how smart they really were.

I had forgotten that I had a bandage on my face until I went to wash it and made it start bleeding again. I had forgotten all together until I felt the pain shoot down the side of my face. I quickly finished up my shower and made sure both of the boys were still in Rocky's room before I darted across the hallway and into my room. I looked through my clothes, looking for something to wear today. I could already tell by glancing out my window that it was going to be another hot day out – it was Summer in California after all. I grabbed a pair of high waisted shorts and a white crop top that I dug out and then got dressed.

I thought about doing my hair and then just decided to go with a simple French braid – well two French braids because I couldn't get the first French braid right when I tried to do it. Then, I headed back into the bathroom to clean the cut on my cheek and put a fresh bandage on it. It hurt worse today than it did yesterday, but it didn't look that bad in the mirror. I winched slightly as I put the bandage on and then went to see what Rocky and Adam were doing. At least that's what I was going to do before I got nervous because I started to think about the argument I had with Adam the other night.

I decided to go and sit on the porch instead and enjoy the sun for a little while. I still missed the feeling of it even though it was hot outside. I still don't think I could ever get tired of it like I normally would have. The heat was worth it because I truly never thought that I was going to see the sun again...

Then I heard the front door open and I looked to see who was coming outside. I wasn't surprised that it was Adam. I bit my inner cheek as he walked closer to me and then sat down on the ground in front of me. He leaned back against the railing and looked at me. I knew he saw the bandage on my face when his eyes narrowed, and he pointed to his own check. I knew that it meant he was asking what happened to mine.

"A Cog. Billy didn't tell you?" I asked.

"He definitely told me." Adam nodded, "Are you okay?"

"It hurts, but I'm fine." I told him.

"Well that's good. So, I also heard that you met Jason." He stared at me.

"Yeah, I was really confused when he first showed up because he jumped right in and started fighting the Cogs with me. Then Billy explained he used to be the Red Ranger." I said.

"Yeah, he just moved back to Angel Grove. He's staying with Tommy." Adam told me.

"Oh, that's nice." I muttered.

"Are you still mad at me?" Adam asked.

"No. I wasn't even mad at you in the first place and I'm sorry I took it out on you." I sighed, picking at a loose string on the end of the shirt I was wearing.

"Who were you mad at?" he asked.

"Don't make me say her name because then I'm just going to get mad again." I muttered.