twenty eight

"What could they be laughing about?" Billy asked.

"They're probably laughing at me." I eyed them again.

"Why would they be laughing at you?" he wondered.

"They're the mean girls, Billy. They laugh at people like me just for fun – to annoy me because they know I'm watching them." I muttered, glancing at them again.

"Why are you watching them?" he asked.

"Because they both like to flirt with other people's boyfriends." I muttered again.

I heard the door open, but I didn't pay attention to who was coming in. I was too busy conversating with Billy and watching those two girls. They were both still snickering and pointing in my direction, but Billy was working as a good distraction from that.

"Did you hear that Jason found a source of power last night?" Billy caught my attention.

"What do you mean a source of power?" I questioned, leaning forward on the counter some now staring at Billy.

"Him and Tommy were out last night, and Jason said something kept bothering him and he needed to check something out. When he did, he found this almost like ball of energy that adapted to him. It gave him a morpher and everything. Apparently, he's the new Gold Ranger." Billy explained.

"Interesting. I did talk to Zordon the other day and he said that he did sense that there was a new source of power somewhere, but I thought maybe it was for you. That's kind of weird that Jason acquired it, especially since he just moved back here." I mumbled.

"I don't think I would have accepted the power to be honest. As much as I loved being a Ranger, I think I'm more helpful with the technological side of our weapons... zords, you know, all that good stuff." Billy smiled, "Plus, it's not that weird that he got the power since he just moved back here. That's kind of what happened when you first moved here – how the Velociraptor Coin had chosen you."

"Yeah, you're right." I thought about it, "So, gold, huh?"

"Yeah, Gold." He nodded.

"Well, that's really good. Another person to help on the team." I nodded.

"Yeah, it is." Billy agreed.

I eyed Katherine and Tanya again, but this time I saw someone standing with them. Katherine was standing up next to them and I'd recognize Tommy's long hair just about anyway because it was kind of gorgeous. I don't exactly think that Kimberly was going to like Tommy talking to them right now. He was just going to get himself in trouble but I didn't want to say anything to help just yet, so I stayed where I was at and just watched to see what they were doing. Tommy simply looked like he was talking to them – keeping his distance but Katherine kept stepping closer and closer to him.

Billy was still talking to me, but I kind of focused more on the two girls with Tommy rather than what he was saying to me. Something was telling me to watch them closely because I didn't trust them. Billy noticed that I had stopped paying attention to him so his eyes followed mine and he too was now staring at the three standing over there. I just wished I could hear what they were saying, but Tommy didn't look to interested. He might have just got stopped by them as he was walking through.

I decided that if that were the case, I should probably go bail him out – at least Kimberly probably would have wanted me to do that. I would want her to do that if it were Adam standing there right now. Ernie didn't have anything for me to do at the moment, so I walked over to the three of them standing there and it was a good thing I did because just as I came around from the counter, Katherine attempted to lean up and kiss Tommy on the cheek. She didn't succeed because Tommy quickly stepped back, just as confused as I was about what she was doing.