Chapter 9

The police station

The two teens were pushed into separate cells, thankfully they were next to each other.

"Baby are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Michael whispered worridly, he crawled to the corner of his cell sticking his arm out to her. When he felt her hand hold his he sighed in relief.

"I was so scared Mikey, he kept hurting me and yelling. I-i didn't mean to hurt him" the girl cried squeezing her lovers hand. The boy felt angry hearing that they hurt her so badly.

"It's okay my love, I'm here now okay. I love you so much Ticia"

"I love you too Mikey" she whispered leaning against the wall, closing her eyes in exhaustion. While she had a nap Michael noticed a man walk over to him.

"You're not a lawyer" the boy stated, the man looked at the joined hands then back to the boy.

"I'm a friend" he smiled.

"I don't have any friend's, only my girlfriend" he scoffed out rolling his eyes.

"I think I can help both her and you Michael, I saw the tapes of your interview with the detectives. And what you both did was impressive, I'm not social services or any part of the Government. I'm a Warlock and I think you're one" Ariel explained to the boy who was still holding his girlfriend's hand.

"A Warlock?" Said the teen intrigued.

"In life when things occur around you that you can't explain, just a fleeting thought, an impulse of rage. But then it happened. A Warlock is someone who can harness that magic, when that detective was hurting you, how did you feel?" The boy then shook his head.

"Nothing"

"No, you were frightened and angry so you lashed out the only way you could, awful thoughts come true" the man continued.

"I just wanted him to get away" Michael said looking at his shoes sadly.

"How did you end up here?"

"I was defending the only two people who haven't betrayed me.....i never wanted to hurt anyone" the boy whispered feeling his lip quiver and tears run down his face. The man stood up smiling.

"Your life is about to begin, time for us to go" Michael stood up quickly when the man waved his had and the cell door opened.

"W-Wait please I can't leave her" he called out quickly, Ariel smiled at him.

"Don't worry, we weren't going to leave her" he waved his hand over the cell door again waking the girl with a start. Michael quickly ran in collecting the girl into his arms.

"Mikey, what's going on? Who is he?" She asked scared and confused seeing a new face.

"Hello my name is Ariel, I'm here to help you and Michael" he smiled down at the scared girl, she looked up at Michael for confirmation which he nodded his head at. With that they left the cell, the young girl clamped onto the blondes hand and arm like her life depended on it.

"It's okay baby, we're safe now" he whispered into her hair, they started to walk off when they heard someone call out.

"What the hell are you doing?! You said you just wanted to talk to them" the officer exclaimed walking towards them.

"They're innocent of all charges, I'm taking them with me" before the officer could say anything else, he flung the man against the wall keeping him there.

"That was awesome!" Michael stated excited, the girl smiling at the bald man.

"He'll probably wet his pants but will be unharmed one we leave" Ariel said turning a corner, the girl leaned over to Michael.

"You know what to do Mikey" Michael smirked at the girl.

"Oh I'm sure he won't feel a thing" with that he clenched his fist breaking the man's neck. The couple and Warlock walked out of the station, there was a fancy car parked and ready for them. Morticia saw someone, Ms Mead, at the end of the street. Smiling she let go of the boys hand and ran to the woman pulling her into a tight embrace.

"Oh my sweet girl, look at you. Go make me proud okay, I love you and Michael very much, never forget that" the young girl smiled at her hugging Miriam one last time before walking towards to two males. She went to sit in the back but was pulled into Michael's lap. Before they left they heard Ms Mead yelling something.

"I'm a true believer Michael, I'll be here for you both, always. Hail the new world, Hail, Hail the new world" the teens smiled at her keeping each other close.

"You two seem very close" Ariel spoke up looking at the sleeping girl with a small smile.

"We've know each other for years, we've always had this strong connection. We feel stronger together and weaker apart" he looked down at the girl with so much love.

"She's my soulmate" he finished smiling at the man.

"Well it's a good thing we took her with us" the man replied smirking staring at the road ahead.