Chapter 17

The next day

The couple were sound asleep, when Morticia woke up suddenly gasping as if she were in pain. Jolting awake, Michael turned to see the girl stumble out of bed in panic.

"Sweetheart, are you okay?" He quickly got out of bed to keep her from falling.

"Michael we need to hurry, I had a vision, I saw these three figures tied to wooden posts. I don't know who they were but I feel like I know them. We need to go now" she rushed out trying to tame her hair, Michael was still confused but got dressed. They teleported to the spot that Morticia saw in her vision.

They were then met with the smell of burnt flesh, Michael walked up to the first one while Morticia slowly walked to the middle one. Michael gasped jumping back when seeing Ariel being burnt, he then turned to his fiance.

She slowly touched the burnt body, instantly she screamed out in pain, nearly falling over. Michael ran to catch her. Once she was steady he went to see who it was, but was pulled back by a sobbing Morticia.

"Mikey, don't do it. You don't want to know who that was" she cried holding him back, he looked into her teary eyes and instantly knew who it was. He then let out a heart breaking scream, along with his lover. They held onto each other tightly for dear life.

"S-She can't be gone Ticia, she j-just can't" he sobbed into her chest, while she sobbed into his hair.

"I'm sorry Mikey, I'm so damn sorry" in the midst of their sobbing they heard the clicking of heels coming towards them. There stood Cordelia.

The couple felt nothing but anger towards the blonde bitch, Michael went to walk over but Morticia stopped him.

"No Michael you stay here, I'll deal with her okay" she stroked his face, wiping the tears away and kissing his head. Sighing he nodded his head and stayed put. Morticia cracked her neck and made her way towards Cordelia.

"It's over, we know who you both are. Your allies are all dead, you failed" the girl hissed at the woman showing her fangs and red eyes.

"We've already proven to you that we can defy death, we're just gonna bring her back. And when we do our Ms Mead will stand by us while we watch you die" the girl growled but the woman seemed unfazed.

"You can certainly go to hell, but you won't find her there" Morticia looked confused.

"What have you done with her" she yelled.

"Her soul has been hidden by a spell only I can break. You'll never see her again" the young girl collapsed to her knees in defeat.

"You're all alone" Cordelia stated sternly.

"I'm never alone, I have Michael, his father and mine" the girl cried out.

"Where is they now? Why did they let this happen? You both don't have to follow this path, you can write your own destiny. You can still turn away, there's humanity in both of you, I see it. If you come with me, maybe we can find it" Cordelia held her hand to Morticia, she looked back at Michael who shook his head.

Morticia grabbed the witches hand and stood up, when the witch thought she won. The young girl pulled the woman closer.

"Somehow, someway I'm going to bring her back. And then I'm going to slaughter each and every single one of you" the girl growled flashing her teeth making the woman jump in fear. Morticia turned and grabbed Michael's hand pulling him away.

After what felt like hours, the couple had journeyed into the middle of the forest. Both tired and exhausted, Michael started to draw a pentagram while talking to his father.

"We're not going any further, father tell me what to do and I'll do it" he said then paused for a response which he didn't get.

"We're not leaving this circle, until you talk to me. They're gone, the Warlocks, my Ms Mead....burned alive at the stake by the witches, until nothing was left but ash and smoke. You tell me what to do or you let us die here" and just like that Michael collapsed to his knees in the middle of the circle.

"At least I have Ticia, the love of my life" he whispered tiredly.

Morticia didn't say a word, she just sat in the circle. She felt numb, she felt guilty, she felt anger for those filthy witches, she felt sad for Michael. All these emotion running through at the same time was getting to be too much.

"Ticia, Ticia baby look at me" she felt his hands grab her face knocking her out of her thoughts. She looked at him emotionless, he noticed the empty look in her eyes. No sparkle like there used to be, just emptiness. Shaking her head, her wings appeared and wrapped around the two to keep them warm and safe. She stayed seated while Michael laid against her chest, they wrapped their arms around each other tightly and fell asleep.