Chapter 30

Once Morticia knew Gallant was gone, she moved over to Mallory. She knelt down, grazing the young girls face.

Quickly, she clenched her fists and instantly Mallory's body turned to flames. Her soul now forever extinct.

Morticia heard footsteps, so she quickly transported into her room making only Gallant jump.

"How did it go darling?" Michael asked, walking towards his lover.

"It's all been dealt with, soon Ms Venable and Ms Mead will be heading our way. They think 'their' plan worked and that they won. And soon we can get her back" she whispered the last part, they smiled at each other lovingly, until someone cleared their throat.

"So when you said partner, what you really meant was that he's your husband" Gallant asked, making the couple chuckle.

"Well, soon to be husband AND father" the hairdressers eyes widened at the new information.

"Wait what!?! You're engaged and pregnant, well shit" he exclaimed, throwing his arms around. Before anyone else could say anything, Morticia stood still. Michael and Gallant looked at her confused.

"They're coming, Gallant you can stay here. It'll make them shocked to see that not everyone died" he nodded his head and sat on the bed, while Michael went over to his computer and Morticia stood behind him.

The door opened and in came the women.

"Ladies, we're a little busy right now formulating our selections" Michael stated lazily, Morticia turned just as they saw Gallant, who was alive and well, much to their dismay.

"This wont take long" Ms Venable said, while turning her gaze to the young woman.

"What's this?" Michael asked in fake confusion.

"We're making the selections now, Mr Langdon. And im afraid you, your wife and little friend didn't make the cut" her answer made Morticia laugh.

"Oh I'm sorry, I wanted to let you have your moment. But I just couldn't hold it in" Michael was now standing next to his lover, with an arm wrapped around her.

"You think this is funny?" The red headed woman asked bewildered.

"Oh on the contrary, I think I'm impressed, Ms Venable. We weren't sure you had it in you. You've passed the test, you're perfect for The Sanctuary" Morticia finished, but Ms Venable didn't care for her words.

"Ms Mead" this confused Michael, Gallant and Morticia. They then saw Ms Mead point a gun at Morticia, Michael went to move but stopped knowing it was part of the plan.

"Oh I wouldn't do that dear" Morticia spoke with a smirk.

Morticia stared Ms Mead down, which confused Ms Venable when nothing happened.

"Ms Mead" she said yet again but this time the gun was now pointed at her. This action caused the older woman's eyes to widen, quickly a shot was fired.

Ms Venable gasped, looking down she saw blood oozing out of her chest. She looked back up and then suddenly fell to the floor.

"I don't know why I did that, i was always loyal to her" Ms Mead spoke trembling. Michael knelt down to look at the now dead woman.

"It's all right, you were obeying commands, like you're programmed to do. Our commands" he spoke still looking at the woman. Morticia walked up to the trembling woman, gaining her attention.

"Did you enjoy executing the poison apples plan as much as I enjoyed coming up with it?" The hybrid asked.

"You wanted everyone dead?" She asked looking confused, Morticia felt a tug on her heart at the look of confusion and sadness on the woman's face.

"Of course, it was the plan all along. Although, it was slightly changed. As you can see Mr Gallant is still alive. But its always more fun to entice men and women to dirty deeds, confirms what I've always believed" Morticia replied.

"Wh-what do you believe?" This caused Michael to speak up.

"That all people, given the right pressures or stimulus, are evil motherfuckers" he said walking towards his mother figure.

"I-Im having trouble with this, I know im just a machine" both Michael and Morticia's hearts broke at her words, tears forming in their eyes.

"Never say that, you're not just a machine....not to us" Michael said looking at Morticia then back at Miriam.

"When we tasked The Cooperative's R and D department to have you constructed, we gave them a prototype to model" Morticia explained.

"A prototype?"

"Of someone from our childhood...someone very dear to use" it was quite for a few seconds, before the look of realization came upon Ms Mead's face.

"The beautiful boy" she answered looking at Michael, then she turned nto Morticia.

"And my little Angel" this caused Morticia to silently cry, she couldn't form words so Michael spoke instead.

"That was us. But we had to keep the most important part of you from your mind" he walked closer with tears in his eyes.

"Why?" Morticia sniffled before replying.

"To protect you and the plan. But now it's time to remember it all, we lost you and we couldn't bear it. Michael and I can't imagine a new world without you by our sides. The only woman who really understood us" she trembled, she felt Michael pull her closer to him.

"Who ever really loved you both" Ms Mead replied, looking at the couple with motherly love. That's when Michael pulled her into a tight hug, Morticia could feel his happiness radiating off of him.

It made her so happy to have Ms Mead back, they missed her so much over the past two years. She was taken out of her day dream when she felt a hand under her chin. With glassy eyes, the young woman looked at her motherly figure.

She almost sobbed when she was pulled into a hug, her arms tightened never wanting to let go. Sadly, The hug had to end. They pulled back at arms length and looked at each other.

If only they knew this moment would be sadly short lived.