*16*

____________________________________________________________
Song recommendation: They don't know about us- One direction
____________________________________________________________

For the entire Saturday, they lay in bed, talking, kissing, laughing- simply enjoying each other's company. 

Every time he looked at Jimin, his breath caught, unable to believe this was real. He loved how tiny the boy felt in his arms and the way the sun caught his hair through the window. A burning white, just like a halo. His angel. His precious. His- not Taehyungs. 

How could he have been so stupid? These last two weeks had been the worst of his life. This time though, the emptiness had been accompanied by a sense of loss and anger he couldn't deal with, which finally led him to the dark cellar of their house, raiding his father's wine cabinet, just to drown out what he did and did not feel. 

But now his rainbow was next to him, half asleep with a soft smile playing on his lips, happy and content to doze on Jungkook's chest. One arm was under his waist and his hand resting on his hips while he played with Jimin's hair, letting the smooth texture run through his fingers. 
He wanted to make this moment eternity. 
This moment of peace and happiness before reality set in again. 

More than once throughout the day, he had taken Jimin's wrist and gently kissed every single scar, old and new, trying to make him understand how sorry he was. Those fresh ones- they had been because of him. Because he had been jealous and angry and not there for him when he needed him. Never again. He would protect his precious until the end, even if it was from himself. 

They had kissed some more too. 
And Jungkook tried- he really tried to hold himself back, only brushing his lips, softer and smoother than he could have ever imagined.
But the desire he denied himself for so long and just the way it felt so amazing to kiss him, always got the better of him. 

He would press closer, forcing Jimin's mouth open to let his tongue sweep in, exploring him, tasting him. And shit!- there was nothing that ever tasted better. 
But the thing that really undid him was Jimin's small gasps and moans, driving him absolutely insane, making his body heat up and pull the boy closer. More. He needed more of him, unable to stop, just like with the alcohol yesterday. He got drunk on him. 
But then Jimin would push him away, ending their make out session with a little smile. 
It was so hard to rip his eyes away from the swollen lips or his blushing cheeks. 

"Let's take this slow, JK. You're not ready for it. We both aren't." 

He wanted to growl and let him feel just how ready he was, but something held him back. Their future was so uncertain, their bond so fragile and new. He was afraid to ruin it if they went too fast, and Jimin knew it. 
So he stopped and found a simple joy just by holding him close and hearing his voice. Jimin's thoughts were so lovely and cute sometimes, he often caught himself smiling like a fool. 
Happy. 

But of course something so good couldn't last forever. 
He nearly said: fuck it all, when it was time for him to leave. 
His parent's would be home soon, and there were some missing wine bottles he had to stock up before that, but Jimin insisted for Jungkook to leave. He didn't want the other boy to get in trouble. 
He kissed Jimin one last time, trying to lock the memory of his lips into his brain. 
Then he left. 

***

Four hours later, he sat perched between Namjoon and Hoseok in the formers little garage. 
It had been his brother's before he passed and Namjoon had treaded it like a save haven ever since. The loss of his brother had hit him hard. He remembered the days he was missing from school afterwards and his hollowed appearance after he returned, clinging to Jin like he was the only thing keeping him upright.
It must have been at that time the two of them became inseparable.

Which is why he was so confused now. 

Jin was absent.