*32*

_____________________________________________________________________
Song recommendations: Somewhere Only We Know- Valentine Caravan 
_____________________________________________________________________

How to come out to your overbearing, religious parents. 

Step 1: Find the right moment when they are in a good mood: don't be late and choose a time
                when they are relaxed and happy with you.

Step 2: Make them sit down, tell them you love them and that you will always be there son no
              matter what. 

Step 3: Make them see you are still the same person, that nothing changed and you should be
               free to love who you love. That God is love and God made him fall in love with a man. 

Step 4: Stay calm and give them the time they need to let it sink in. Do not push them!

Jungkook did none of those things. 
He didn't even get a chance to. 

The moment he came in through his front door, he was already three hours late, the school had called about his absence and mentioned a fight breaking out in the cafeteria- which he caused, ending with a certain dark haired girl to be sent home crying and weeping. 

He hadn't taken one step into his house before his father came storming into the antechamber, his face red and fuming, his usually slick black hair tousled and wild. 

"Where have you been? What kind of a disrespectful, shameful son have I raised? You sneak out in the middle of the night and when you're mother and I decided to forgive you, you skip school, come home three hours too late, and we find out through your principle that you have humiliated your girlfriends in front of the entire school?"

He didn't raise a hand or backed away as his father took a step forward and slapped him. 
He let it happen even though he was stronger  and could have easily avoided it. 
Was this what Jimin had gone through all these years?

Just standing there, waiting for the pain and the humiliation of it?
It made his body shake with suppressed rage. 

"Do you have any idea what this will mean to me? Pastor Manoban will surely hear about it too. This could threaten my entire career and it's only two more weeks until the election! Do you know what this could cost me?"

Jungkook's anger only rose at those words. 
Always this damn election. 
He couldn't care less about it.
Something in him even wanted his father to loose.
Wanted his father to feel the disappointment and degradation of failing, like he failed to be a father these past years. 

"Honey, stop it." 

His mother had joined them in the small room, her eyes wide and glassy. 
He could tell she was angry at him too, but she came to stand next to his father now, laying a hand on his shoulders and pulling him back slightly. 

"NO! He has to be thought some manners. We'll send him to boarding school. Clearly, he can't be thought otherwise."

"I wont go anywhere."

He had said it quietly, his head lowered, but the cold determination in his voice didn't go unnoticed as his father clicked his tongue. 
"You don't get to say in that. You're still seventeen. You are still our responsibility and we'll do as we see fit. "

Slowly, he raised his head, his entire body a trembling time bomb, ready to go off.
He tried to keep it cool, taking heavy breaths as he locked eyes with his father. 
"I wont go anywhere." 

"Honey, don't-" his mother started with a fearful voice as she saw the same thing he did.
His father's features darkening even more at Jungkook's disobedience, his hand raised, jerking forward...
...and Jungkook caught his father's wrist, stopping the slap mid-air.