*43*

______________________________________________________
Song recommendations: Magic Shop- BTS 
_______________________________________________________

There were a few things he didn't expect. 

The first was the fact he no longer went to the same class as his Hyungs. 
Missing six months of school made everyone agree to have him repeat a year, especially since he was so young anyways. 

He hated it. 
In three months, they would all have their finals and then graduated, while he would be stuck in school for another year. 

No mater how much the others tried to make him feel better about it, he still didn't like it. 

And with the new class, also came the other unexpected thing. 
To see Lisa sit there in the last row. 

He barley recognized her when he walked in. 

Her black hair was cut short, only reaching to just below her jawline, her mascara heavy and a dark cherry lipstick painted on. 

She was looking out the window annoyed, her hands crossed in front of her chest and her legs up on the desk while leaning back in her chair. 
She was chewing a gum and blowing bubbles with it, letting it pop only to do it again.

The complete opposite of  the well-behaved, gentle and caring Lisa she had always pretended to be. 
No, this was a girl who didn't give a shit what people though about her. 

At least no one but Jungkook, because the moment he entered, her head had snapped around, her eyes widening and... there was so much guilt and sincere apology in her gaze, it nearly knocked him back. 
It vanished in the next second, her features turning even again and she just continued staring out the window like she didn't give a fuck. 

He had sworn that day in the cafeteria that he would never forgive her. 
Now, he wasn't so sure. 
He wasn't even sure this was the same person. 

He felt like every single person in the classroom was staring holes into him, wanting to ask him about what it was like to nearly die, lie in a coma and now having to repeat the school year. Not to mention, their little drama in the cafeteria left a lasting impression on everyone, even as the Hyung's and he himself made sure they knew not to spread fake news. 

He tired to pay attention to class, then hurried out at the first ringing of the bell and ran to meet up with his friends and boyfriend. 
He pulled the latter into an embrace when he finally found them and never fully let him go, keeping him tugged to his side. 

"So, anyone care to tell me what happened to Lisa?"

"Ah..." Jin exclaimed like he hadn't thought of her and the other's looked no less surprised. 

"Well, she... we're not really sure." Namjoon started and the Jin fell in, saying: 

"We know she's either been kicked out or decided to leave her parents house. She's been staying with Jisoo and Jenny, who are kind of a thing now, and another roommate, Rosé I think her name is, but anyway... She changed a lot: started going to parties, wearing ridiculously tight outfits and sleeping around a lot."

"You could almost say she took my place," came Jimin's comment which had Jungkook go rigid. He didn't want to think of these days, were Jimin had suffered all on his own, putting on the mask. 
Was Lisa doing the same?

"I talked to her a couple of times," Yoongi told him, like he knew what he was thinking.
Of course he did. Yoongi saw things no one else did- knew more about what people were trying to hide or play down. 

"I do think she feels guilty and terrible about what she did, but her behavior-  I don't think it's a coping mechanism. I think she just truly enjoys living her life freely. I could be wrong-"