*39*

___________________________________________________________
Song recommendations: Sorry- the Rose
___________________________________________________________

He threw his head back and laughed out loud while rolling on the floor.
Hoseok was lying on the floor too, stomach down, but arms and neck craned up, doing weird, jerking motions while flapping with his hands.

And to make it even more hilarious, the sounds leaving his throat were croaky and distorted like that of a dying animal.

"A seal?" came Namjoon's shout, beer in his hand.
"A fish on land!" Jin's scream followed immediately, also holding a cup of liquor, the other hand draped around his boyfriends shoulders on the sofa they shared.

"No, no, I know: it's a baby sea lion." Taehyung kneeling on the floor, barefoot and already in pajamas yelled excitedly.

But Hoseok only shook his head, continuing to let out those horrible sounds, fluttering with his hands more wildly which cause Jimin to laugh even harder.

"Nahh, it's a dying seagull of course." Yoongi proclaimed, sprawled out on the bed sideways, his chin resting on his hand while he smiled at his boyfriend doing gymnastics on the floor.

At that, Hoseok hooted, got up and tackled him, then said in between fits of laughter:
"Yeah, your right, except for the dying part. We're soulmates!"

The music drifted through the room, the beat handpicked by Yoongi who acted as their DJ on nights like these.

Nights were Jimin wanted to laugh and have fun and for a few selfish hours, forget about the boy he loved, but whose unchanging state was causing him to feel so utterly helpless and lost.

He needed this.
To be surrounded by his friends- his family and get a few hours off joy and distraction.

It was Friday and he had been in desperate need of a drink all day.

They had started the party in JK's hospital room, Mrs. Jeon supplying them with tons of food and then left his son in their hands.
A shadow had crossed over her features when she took one last look at her sleeping son.

Jimin had mostly lain next to Jungkook, trying to pretend he was awake and could see them as they ate and laughed and joked around in the small room, the beeping of his heartrate-monitor a constant sound in he background.

But as the night descended- as he listened to their conversations filling the room, he had grown more somber, grabbing Jungkook's lifeless hand, intertwining their fingers.

He wanted to have him here.
To have Jungkook laugh with them and sit in their middle, glittering eyes and wide, bunny laugh, but his face was a as unmoving as ever, his eyes still shut, his breathing slow and calm, sleeping through it all.

And when the others had felt his shifting mood, they had suggested heading to Yoongi's flat.

It was cramped and hot in the rooftop apartment, but he liked the way they had to huddle together, enjoying the warmth and the feeling of being right in the middle of their joy. 
He drank it in as much as he did the vodka-bull. 

He was already feeling a little dizzy, but it was nothing like those days before, where he would drink and drink until he finally passed out, trying to escape his life. 
He had promised to try and go on living as happy as he could. 

He had stopped with the self-harm and also started seeking out a psychologist. 
It had been a long road, and he was still not over everything. 

He still woke up in the middle of the night screaming and begging and trashing when the nightmares of Han-Gyeol haunted him, trapping him in pain and agony again. 
The terror would take him and not even the rainbow painted at the wall could make him realize he was free of him- that Han-Gyeol was locked away and could never hurt him again.