Dumbledores Death

I and Draco walked hand in hand up the stairs to be met with Dumbledore.

'Good evening, Draco, Mackenzie. What brings you two out on such a fine Spring evening? Or is it Summer?' my hand was already shaking I'm about to make the biggest mistake of my life.

'Who else is here? I heard you talking' I said and looked around while holding my wand up taking the stand.

'I often talk aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful. That which sounds sane at a whisper can seem utterly mad when said for all the world to hear. Haven't been whispering to yourself, have you two?' He asked and by now both I and Draco had out wands up still holding hands.

'Your not an assassin, Draco neither you Mack' stop talking please it's killing me.

'How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you' I shouted.

'Like you two cursing Katie Bell and hoping she would, in turn, bear a cursed necklace to me? Like replacing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison. Forgive me, you two, but these attempts are feeble I cannot but question if your heart has really been in them. I'm curious. When Voldermort gave you this task, when he asked you two to kill me, was it in a whisper?' I looked at him and I was ready.

'He trusts us we were the chosen one, but for Dracos sanity it must be me' I said and looked at Draco 'no it will kill you, you made a promise to George, don't do this' he begged me but I turned back to Dumbledore.

'Then I shall make it easy for you Mackenzie' he said and disarmed himself lowering his wand.

'Expelliarumus!' I said and his wand flew out fo his hand 'pick it up Draco and give it to me' I said and he did 'your attractive when you're like this' I looked at him weirdly 'time and place, now is not the time nor the place' I said looking at him and we quietened up tears started streaming down my face.

'Well done, Mackenzie. But I warn you. Killing is nearly as easy' Dumbeldore said and I cried and my hands were shaking.

'You're not alone. Are you. There are others. How?' I smirked at the question and Draco stepped back into the picture.

'The Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement' Draco said holding my hand I looked at him with a smile.

'That cabinet has been broken for years' Dumbledore said and we both had smirks on our faces.

'I've been mending it' Draco said and I gave him another smile.

'Ingenious. Let me guess. It has a sister. A twin' Dumbledore said looking at the both of us as we nodded.

'In Borgin & Burkes, they form a...' Draco got cut off 'passageway, yes. Very good. I once knew a boy years ago who made all the wrong choices. Draco, Mackenzie, let me help you' Dumbledore said and I lowered my wand to think about it.

'We don't want your help! Don't you see! I have to do it! We have to! We've got to kill you or he'll kill us' Draco said and I lift up my wand once more like someone was controlling me.

'Say that again, Draco. But aloud this time' Dumbledore said and I looked at Draco and he looked at me.

Both me and Draco decide to lower our wands and the door burst open 'well now, look what we have here. Dumbledore, wandless and alone' Bellatrix said and she looked at me.

'Cornered in his own castle. Well done, you two' she said and a little smile crossed my face thinking she was going to kill me.

'Good evening, Bellatrix. I think introductions are in order' Dumbledore said and a tear was forming in my eye.

'Love to, Albus. But I'm afraid we're on a bit of a tight schedule' she went to us 'do it' she said and I held Dracos hand tighter.

'He doesn't have the stomach. Like his father. Let me finish him. In my own way' Greyback said and my head was ready to say it.

'No! The Dark Lord was clear. The boy or the girl to do it. Go on, choose. Now!' Bellatrix said and I looked at Draco who was terrified 'go' I whispered and he let go of my hand to step aside.

'No, neither of them will' I heard someone say and looked behind me to see Snape.

'Severus' Dumbledore said with pleading eyes I stepped aside to go to Draco who held me in a hug.

'Well, looks who's here. Hogwarts own Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Come to see the slaughter?' Bellatrix questioned Snape.

'Severus... please' I looked at both of them.

'I gave my word. I made a vow' I looked at Snape then at Dumbledore.

'Avada Kedavra!' Draco held me back because he saw I was going to run after Dumbledore who fell and plummeted to his death.

'You can no longer stay here' Snape said and we both looked at him tears were coming down my face.

'I have no urge to kill' I said to Draco and he looked at me 'you changed' he said and looked at me 'he's dead Draco what do I do' I said looking into his eyes 'follow my lead then get back to the Twins they will look after you' he said kissing my forehead.

We walked down to the corridors to see students waking up 'Aurors are here, I don't want to go there' I was scared for my life.

We followed them to the great hall keeping our head down and saw what they were doing to the place, Bellatrix smashed all the windows the dark mark was in the sky.

'Draco has to leave Mack' Snape said trying to pull him away 'no he doesn't' I said 'yes he does say your goodbyes Hagrids hut Draco' Snape said and walked off.

'I'll see you when this is all over, but for now, live life, love someone, don't hang on, I love you' he said and kissed me on the lips not wanting to let go, I was crying my eyes were closed I opened them again and he was gone but I had a note in my hand.

I stared into the hall and what happened and felt someone touch my shoulder 'get off me' I said 'it's me Auther Weasley' he said and I turned around 'please just get away from me' I said and ran off to the courtyard to see everyone standing around something I got to what it was and it was Dumbledore Harry was kneeling beside him.

'I'm sorry' I whispered to Harry 'it's alright you didn't' he said and I looked at Dumbledores still open eyes I put my hand over them and closed them 'he can rest now' I said and Harry pulled in for a hug.