Chapter 41

Albee and I are making dinner while Cyn and King are upstairs in his game room having their little competition. They have been playing for almost two hours non-stop. I thought King was a gamer enough in his own but it looks like I have two gamers now.

Albee: aren't they tired of playing by now? They have been up there since I came.

Erica: you know King. Once he starts something, he isn't gonna stop until he proves a point.

Albee: I wonder where he got that from.

Erica: lol I wonder too. I'll go get them and then we can eat.

Albee: hurry up and get them cuz I'm hungry and I'll start without y'all.

Erica: you better not. I'll be back.

*Heading upstairs*

King: I'm so beating you right now.

Cyn: oh really? I think the score says something different.

King: no way! How did you get a power boost so quick?

Cyn: I told you I have skills.

Erica: okay guys, dinner is ready.

King: okay, we'll be done in a minute.

Erica: a minute to you will be an hour. Come on you two.

Cyn: we're coming. Cuz I just beat King's high score!

King: No Way! How did you do that? It took me months to get a score that high?

Cyn: I told you I'm a master to this stuff. I had to redeem myself after earlier.

Erica: what happened earlier?

Cyn: I'll tell you later. But that was a good game, King. You are a worthy opponent.

King: so are you. But you're still not as skilled though as I am.

Erica: okay my little trash talker, go wash your hands and head downstairs for dinner. We'll be down shortly.

King: okay mommy.

Cyn: he's such a good kid but he's very competitive.

Erica: I tried to warn you. How was playing with him though?

Cyn: it was really fun. I haven't had fun like that in a long time.

Erica: so the times hanging out with me wasn't fun? *poking out her bottom lip*

Cyn: lol come on babe, you know what I meant. Of course I have fun with you. It was just nice to have some kid fun for a change.

Erica: I know. Whenever I'm playing with King and just being around him makes me feel young again.

Cyn: baby, come on. You know you are still young and look great for being a mom.

Erica: I know. It just takes a lot out of someone trying to keep up with someone with a lot energy all the time.

Cyn: funny, I would say the same thing for you as well.

Erica: well maybe I can show you how much energy I have later on. *wrapping her hands around Cyn's neck*

Cyn: come on babe. You know we can't do anything just yet. We still have to let King get comfortable around me and with me being with you as more than just a friend.