Chapter 10

Albee and I board the plane to head back to New York. I enjoyed my time off and spending time with King but now I have to focus on my grind. Life doesn't slow down when you trying to get to the top. Imma make sure everyone knows my name, Erica Mena.

We finally make it back to New York and it's mad late. I tell Albee that he can crash at my apartment for the night since we gotta head to a meeting in the morning anyways. Albee said goodnight to me and headed to one of the guest bedrooms. I head to my room and change into my night clothes and got into bed. Before I went to sleep, I went on Twitter and posted something real quick. "Finally back in the city that never sleeps but this one needs her beauty rest. #BackInNY #ImHomeBitches" I put my phone on its charger and head to sleep.

I wake up this morning to the smell of food coming from the kitchen. I head downstairs to see Albee cooking breakfast.

Albee: Morning Erica. Bout time you work up.

Erica: Morning Albee. Something smells good. Is that all for me? Lol

Albee: No, this is my food Erica. If you hungry than go make your own lol.

Erica: that's mean Al and you know it. Crossing my arms and pouting my lip out like a baby.

Albee: lol chill girl. You know I'm joking. Here's your plate of food.

Erica: awwh thank you Albee.

They finish eating breakfast then got dressed to head out for the meeting. They had to talk to the club owner and promoter to make sure everything was set for tonight. They finished up the meeting and Albee and Erica went to their friend's China house to catch up on her.

China: hey boo boos. How's it going? Long time no see.

Albee: hey China girl. Sorry we just been busy lately. You know it's hard to keep Erica in check now a days lol.

Erica: I'm standing right here you guys. I can hear you.

A/C: we know. Lol.

Erica: rudeness lol. Hey China. How are you girl?

China: Im good now knowing you remember a bitch lol. You know they invented a thing called a phone, Erica. Haven't you heard of calling a girl even to just say Hi? Lol

Erica: I'm sorry China. I promise to make it up to you.

China: mhm, you better. Now what's been going for y'all these past couple weeks? Last I saw y'all was at Erica's party at the club for her bday.

Erica: nothing really. Busy working, getting this money and spent time with King.

Albee: also Erica falling in love over a new chick lol.

Erica: shut up Albee. I am not. Lol

China: lol whoa hold up? Erica's in what? Girl you know you gotta give me details now about this.

Erica: It's nothing really. Its just this girl I meet at my birthday.

Albee: her name is Cyn and she got Erica in the friend zone lol.