Chapter 18

I'm in my room gonna go to bed to call it a night after sending Erica a text saying I wanted to talk things out, when I get a knock on my door. I'm thinking who is knocking on my door this late and whoever it is, it better be someone bringing me a check cuz I'm not the one who plays around when it comes to my sleep. I head downstairs and open the door and my face is in disbelief. It's Erica.

Cyn: Erica? What... what are you doing here?

Erica: I got your text saying you wanna talk. Well, let's talk now.

I just continue to stand there at door with my mouth opened in shock. I can't believe that she's standing here and willing to talk things out with me.

Erica: Um Cyn? You gonna let me in or continue to stand there? It's cold out here.

Cyn: oh right. I'm sorry, come on in. I'm just surprised you're here right now.

Erica: well, I was more surprised when I got your text message. I thought you didn't want anything to do with me from our last time seeing each other.

Cyn: you know that's not true Erica.

Erica: didn't seem like it by words last time we spoke. What was it, that you didn't have any feelings towards me and never will?

Cyn: Look, Erica, I know what I said and I know I hurt you. Let's sit on the couch and talk things out better.

Erica and Cyn headed to the couch in the living room and both sat on opposite ends.

Cyn: do you want anything to drink?

Erica: no I'm good. I just wanna hear what you have to say.

Cyn: "sighs" Erica, I know I hurt your feelings with the words I said but I said them outta anger. You didn't allow me to explain myself at all to you. You just ran with assumptions before hearing me out.

Erica: well I couldn't help it. How do you think it made me feel seeing you and Chris hug like that? I thought you said you were done with him, Cyn?

Cyn: I am.

Erica: it sure as hell didn't look like it. How can you be cozy with someone knowing just the night before he was all yelling in both our faces and being disrespectful.

Cyn: I know that Erica. Can you please let me explain myself before this turns out to be like last time? I don't like fighting with you.

Cyn lowered her head and Erica could see that if she didn't check herself now, then things are just gonna be like last time. She did promise to her mom and Albee to let Cyn explain herself. Erica sat closer to Cyn and raised Cyn's head with her finger to look straight at her.

Erica: hey, Cyn I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted like that just now. I came here so we can talk, not argue.

Cyn: can I explain myself now with no assumptions?

Erica: yes, go ahead. I'm all ears.

Cyn: okay. The morning after the club I got a knock on the door and when I answered it, it was Chris wanting to talk.

Erica: Mhm. In the back of my head Im thinking, Erica don't you say anything just yet, listen to her.

Cyn: So I told him he can come in and talk but I can gave him a time limit to do so. He wanted to talk about how he acted last night at the club and that he was sorry for how he acted towards the both of us.