Chapter 14

I'm here at my place talking to Chris and giving him a chance to explain his actions. After us going back and forth and clearing up things, we both agreed that our relationship died out months ago. We both just wanted to try and continue the friendship that we had before dating. As we were talking, I got a knock on the door. I answered it and it was Mary. She came to return my car from last night and as she walked in the apartment, she saw Chris sitting there. Let's see how this plays out.

Mary: what the hell are you doing here, Chris?!

Chris: hey Mary. How are you?

Mary: I was fine until I see you here. Cyn, what the hell? Please don't tell me y'all back together?!

Cyn: chill Mary. Chris came here to explain his actions and me and him are fine now.

Mary: so you forgive just like that? Cyn, come on.

Cyn: now I know what he did is fucked up and no one deserves that but me and him talked and we both agreed that our relationship died out months ago. We just didn't have that spark anymore that we use to have.

Chris: Mary, I know you don't like me very much right now, but I would like to get back to the friendship that all three of us use to have.

Mary: you sure you are okay now, Cyn? With everything?

Cyn: yes Mary, I'm fine. I just wanna put this in the past to focus on my future and whoever comes into it.

Mary: okay. I guess I can try to be cool with you again Chris. But you gotta earn our trust again.

Cyn: she has a point on that.

Chris: i know. I promise I'll do whatever it takes to gain y'all trust back.

Cyn: well I know how you can start?

Chris: how?

Cyn: by taking us to Chipotle. Your treat of course lol.

Chris: you and that Chipotle. Okay I can do that lol.

Mary: alright then. Let's go. I call shotgun lol.

Cyn, Mary and Chris head out to get some Chipotle and try to mend their friendship back together. Meanwhile, Erica and Albee are finishing up the paperwork with the publisher.

Publisher: just one more paper to sign and we're all done Erica.

Erica: I can't believe this is happening. I'm so excited to get to work on this book.

Albee: I'm sure it'll be a number one seller.

Publisher: I have the same feeling too. Well there you go. We are all squared away now.

Erica: how long do you think the book will take to be done?

Publisher: I think it'll probably be maybe by either late October/ early November.

Albee: that would be perfect.

Erica: I can't wait tho. Thank you so much sir. You don't know how many people think I'm just labeled to do one thing but now I can show them that whatever I put my mind to, I can achieve it.

Publisher: you're welcome Erica. I know you are focused to do this and that's the people I like to work with. And please call me Felix.