Chapter 24

It's been two days since me, Albee, Cyn and Mary meet up at Chipotle and had lunch and talked things out. Mary had some questions for me and Albee as well for Cyn. Cyn told me that her little talk with Albee went pretty well and has gotten close with Albee now. Now I'm jealous lol. My girl and my best friend seem to be talking almost every other day and I feel like the third wheel lol. But hey, I'm okay with it cuz as long as my bestie and girlfriend can get along, then I'm happy.

I feel like after the talk with Mary, me and her have gotten closer as well. Mary now knows me on a deeper level than just seeing the one side to Erica Mena that everyone sees once a week on tv. I told her about my past experiences with dealing with my son's father and how Rich made me feel after our breakup. I know I have to talk to Cyn about my past and clear things up before people start talking and getting her head filled with lies and gossip and not the truth from me. If I really want this relationship with Cyn to be different and to actually last, I need to be completely honest with her and leave no secrets untold, past or present.

I'm here at my place getting things set up for a special night and surprise for my baby Cyn. It's New Year's Eve and you know the only person I wanna celebrate into the new year is my girl but I didn't want to go out to a club or go to any parties. I just wanted it to be about us.

I'm finishing up the last couple things for tonight and I decide to call Cyn and get things going for a night she'll never forget.

Cyn: Hello?

Erica: Hey boo. How's my favorite girl doing?

Cyn: Hey babe. I'm doing better now since you called me. I miss you Erica.

Erica: I miss you too. But babe, do you have anything planned for tonight?

Cyn: no. I'm just here at my place just watching old Disney movies.

Erica: let me guess. You're watching The Little Mermaid right now, aren't you? Lol

Cyn: Yeah, how did you know?

Erica: Cyn, you are like obsessed with that movie.

Cyn: hey its a classic lol.

Erica: What am I gonna do with you lol.

Cyn: you know you love me. But for real, why you asking if I have any plans babe?

Erica: Remember how I told you I have something planned for us the last time we saw each other?

Cyn: Right, I remember.

Erica: well tonight is that night baby. I have hair and make-up on their way to your place to get ready and later I have a car being sent over to pick you up.

Cyn: what's the surprise though babe?

Erica: you'll see soon enough baby. I'll see you soon my princess. Love you.

Erica hung up the phone before I could ask anything else. She's such a sneaky person but I still love her. I wonder what she has in store for us tonight and I can't wait to see her.

About ten minutes later, I get a knock on the door and it's hair and make-up that Erica sent over. We head towards the living room so I can start getting ready.

MUA: so do you have any idea of what Erica has planned for you tonight.

Cyn: none whatsoever. I'm nervous and anxious all at the same time.