Chapter 23

Y/n pov:

The now dim sky with the ambiance of low music and the pitter-patter of the rain on the car window had entranced me. I was going to the unknown with Jay again. Blindly allowing him to choose my life I assumed this would not be as bad since his agitation did not get the better of him. I do prefer his behaviour now but it would be nice if I got to know little things like this. 

My fit of terror a few days ago has had me apprehensive. Everywhere I go, every turn I make I see him, Jimin. I guess there were emotional ties between us that I did not want to let be known but hiding it has not helped me. 

"You know who my parents are don't you?" I looked over to him to see how he would react but there was no expression. "Yeah, I do that's why I have no intentions of giving you back. Do you know your parents?". Stopping at the red light he looked over to me. A cocky grin displayed on his face that I could not understand.

"How could you be so fearless when such a big organization wants your head right now? Are you not even a little afraid?" My eyebrows furrowed as I side-eye him. "No, they are only letting Jimin come for you and his hot-headed ass can't do much other than shoot a gun. Who knows maybe he will get lucky one time. But he better hold onto you tighter than his recent display of whatever those emotions were. It's easy for someone to slip from your fingertips" he started the car and drove again letting all his attention go to the road. 

I turned my head back to the road as well and thought to myself. Jay had some truth to his words. Jimin, can't even handle his emotions, even if he was to save me who's to say life won't go back to the way it is. His eyes always have that fire but he scorched me too many times for me to believe he won't do it again. Did I want him to come for me? In no way, shape, or form did I like being around Jay. How could I enjoy being constantly talked down to, beaten, and forced? But both sides have done unspeakable evils to me so is Jimins efforts even worth it? I promise to leave that environment if I get home so none of this will even matter. Before I even met Jay I needed therapy for putting up with all this crap but now I feel like I have fallen further down the rabbit hole of madness.

I hissed as my head started to pound. Even without him here, Jimin is capable of hurting me. "Are you okay?" Jay's voice pulled me out of the uneasy fog that surrounded my consciousness. I looked at him and slightly nodded before holding my head again. "Where are we going tonight? I didn't know you had plans to do anything." I tried to divert his mind to something else. "I'm just taking you to dinner, but if you're not feeling well we can go back" he pulled the car over and stopped the engine. 

"Can we? I really am not feeling it today" I took up that offer. I knew I would be a sour puss if I went. He turned the car around and drove back to our hotel. So hypnotized by the atmosphere I fell into a trance that would not let me go. My inner essence had switched places with me. 

Jay had said something before parking the car but I could not understand. I just nodded my head and sat there in my seat. I couldn't tell how long he was gone but when he was back I couldn't see his face. Bags of food and drinks filled his arms. "Are your friends coming over? Why so much food?" I yawned and stretched in my seat. 

"This is for us" he put the food in the back before putting his seatbelt on. "That's a lot of food for just us" I gave him a look. Something about this felt too good to be true. "I'm trying to be better, to you. Though every time I do my intentions are questioned" he started the car and drove off. 

I can't say I did not notice his pursuits but was I wrong for suspecting his intentions?

We got to our hotel room rather fast. He set the bag on the table and headed for the shower. I turned on the tv to one of the music channels and let the music flow from the box.