Chater 27

They pulled off his mask revealing a boy who could have been my age. "Who are you?" Jimin growled. The boy smirked as he looked at me "A victim doesn't need to know the name of their killer". 

Everyone grumbled curse words around us at how cocky he was in this situation. I couldn't take my eyes off of him though. Something about him was luring me in. Who was he?

"Likkle bwoy eff wi aks a question wi expec a ansah(little boy if we ask a question we expect an answer)" My mother snarled at him as she tapped the gun to his head. I would have never believed that's how she acted if I did not see it with my own two eyes, they have been faking this persona for years. 

"She knows," he lifted his head in my direction. Everyone stared at me while I was hiding behind Jimin. "Y/n, Yuh kno wah im de chat bout? (Y/n, do you know what he is talking about?)'' My dad started to get frustrated. "Mi?(Me)" I pointed to myself "Dat impossible mi ave neva meet yuh inna mi life(That's impossible I have never met you before)" a puzzled look played on my face. This guy was delusional. 

He kept his mouth shut but that same conniving grin always plastered on his face that hid the unknown. 

Everyone started to leave the dinner that was now ruined. One of GDs police officers took the boy away. I stayed back to talk to my parents for a moment. But what I had to say was not going to be pleasant.

"Suh yuh really plan out mi life? No warning or hint. Mi did haffi find out from sum'ady else(So you really plan out my life? No warning or hint. I had to find out from someone else)" I told them as the person they were talking to just left. "Wi nuh ave time fi dis(We don't have time for this)Just guh home an wi wi chat inna di mawnin(Just go home and we will talk in the morning)" my dad said before taking a call. At this point, it was not about them even planning this without my knowledge. It was about the way they respond when I confront them. They always try to brush it under the carpet or don't even acknowledge my frustration.

"Ahh just guh home, yuh just wa mi fi guh home. Mi si ow una stay now(Ahh just go home, you just want me to go home. I see how y'all are now)" my frustration morphed into relief and acceptance. I walked out of the restaurant not looking back. I got to the curb and blinked back any tears that were trying to escape." Y/n!" Someone said running up behind me. "Don't run off like that, '' Jimin said while catching his breath.

"Can we go home?" I faltered. He nodded and got the car from the valet. "Thank you for protecting me," I said as we drove home. "You don't have to thank me, it's just what I have to do" he noted. As soon as we got home I went to my room and locked my door. I fell to the floor and cried at the edge of my bed. I punched my bed as I started to wail. Milo rubbed his head on my lap before resting it there. 

As the days go on I feel like there is something new for me to endure. I was tired of it.

I became quiet, I sat there for hours dazed and unconscious. It was about 2 am and everyone had gone to sleep already. I got up from my position and went to the bathroom to clean myself up. I switched out of my dress into leggings and a sweater. Soon enough I started to pack, I gathered all my necessities that could fit in my bookbag. My ID, passport, and money were all I needed but I carried clothes and essentials in case of anything. I put on my Adidas sneakers and my jeans jacket before quietly opening my door. Before I could walk out Milo was at my leg whimpering. "Shhh" I hushed him.

I got his leash and took him with me. I was able to walk out the back door and leave the house. I and Milo walked as far as we could away from the house1. I was on the main road and luckily shops were still open. I went to a convenience store and made ramen and a corn dog. I bought Milo his little pup meal as well and we ate in the convenience store.  While eating I saw a strange man standing outside staring. I was the only person in the store other than the cashier but the cashier couldn't be seen from where he was sitting. I glared at him before mouthing curse words to myself. He ended up leaving in the direction I just came from.