chapter 25

Y/n Pov-

A week passed and I have been slowly starting to get on my feet with the help of Jimin's brothers and their maids. At first, it felt so odd to receive kindness from anyone when I was being punished for my existence for so long. Every little move made towards me had me in complete and utter fear of being hit. Everyone seemed to understand so it was like they were stepping on thin ice when they did anything for me. 

Milo nuzzled his head into my hip. I patted the now bigger pup's head  "My sweet boy got so big, i'm sure you missed me" I kissed at him. He rolled over on his back so I could rub his belly. Ever since they brought him to me he has not left my side. He followed me everywhere I went.  

I took up the crutches I was given to use to move around the room. Jungkook painted flowers on the boring Grey crutch while we all sat in the dining room to complete our month of missing assignments one afternoon. I helped them with their work as a token of appreciation.  I could say that I was beginning to feel comfortable around them all. I don't get why they are so mean at school when they are much nicer.

I shook my head and finally got out of bed. I hopped on my one good leg to the bathroom to freshen myself up for the day. Normally I would get help but today I wanted to try by myself. I wanted to do a bit more than usual since I was going back to school.  I didn't do much other than a little concealer to cover up my bruises on my face, mascara, and eyebrows. When I was done I got out of the bathroom and took out some clothes to wear. I pulled out a hoodie and my ripped jeans to wear. I took my time putting on my clothes but making sure it was super comfortable for today's long event. I got my sneakers on tightening the foot on my good foot and loosening the one on my other before grabbing my backpack. Milo rubbed his head on my good foot before looking up at me. "I will be back this time Milo I promise," I told him. I wanted to pat his head but having one leg prohibited me from bending too much unless I am sitting. I opened the door to my room, and there stood Hoseok. "Good Morning Malady," Hoseok said, all cheerful today.  Giggling at how foolish he sounded I said good morning as well.  

"I came to escort you to school today" Hoseok took my bookbag off my back and put it on his back. "You don't have to do that, I was going to walk today and I don't want to be any more of an inconvenience to you all. I said while almost losing my balance of all time too. "You're not an inconvenience. Just think of it as brotherly love and protection since you're not allowed to go out by yourself anymore" he said while closing the door. Milo slipped out already running down the hall. "Is it okay for him to go around the house? I forgot to say thank you guys for taking care of him while I was gone. I hope he wasn't too much trouble" I told him as I hopped down the hallway with my crutch. "He is fine, we let him roam around the house. He stays by the pool sometimes." He took my crutches and held on to my waist as we walked down the stairs or at least while he walked and I hopped. Getting to the main floor we went to the kitchen so we could get something for breakfast. I got a funny stare when I picked up a banana and a protein shake. I wasn't really hungry at the moment so forcing food down my throat just wasn't an option. "Is that enough for you?" He asked. "Yes, the maids packed me a lunch so this can hold me until then" I nodded. "If you say so," he says while holding the lunch bag as well now. 

We got to school on time and Hoseok helped me to class. All the stares and whispers that were directed towards us were getting worse and worse as we got to my class. Walking in everyone stared and whispered to each other as we passed.  Hoseok helped me to my seat and even went as far as to take out my books. I could already hear the rumors now that we're going to be spread about this.

 "Later sister," he says while poking my nose. "Stop it" I glared at him. He just stuck his tongue out at me before leaving the class. Shaking my head I pulled out all my work from my folder that I did for class. I went over them while we waited for Ms.Filgeresh to get to class. A few minutes into waiting Taehyung and Jimin walked in. Jimin walked past me without even glancing at me. I was halfway through my banana when a paper ball landed on my table. About to take it up, Jimin got up and took it from my desk. He opened it and read it to himself. His face was cold, I took it back from him and read it myself. It was the usual name-calling I would get but in the end, it came with a death threat. "Who wrote this?" Jimin said allowed to the class. Tzuyu scoffed at her desk and rolled her eyes. I can tell he was getting agitated by the second. He was going to walk over there until I grabbed him by the wrist. "Sit down, this means nothing" I showed him the paper filled with bullshit and threw it out the window.  He glared at her before going back to his seat.