Chapter 22

Narrator-

"We should have sent someone to get her. She would have been home already. I knew working with him was a mistake" the woman paced back and forth on the tiled floors. "I can't believe I let you talk me into this. That boy is the reason she is with that man right now. God knows what he is doing to my baby" her rant soon turned to whimpers.

She knew what type of man Jay was and could not contain her emotions. "Honey calm down," a soothing voice said. He rubbed her back and made her sit at the edge of the bed. "We did this for the greater good, our daughter. She was not supposed to find out about this life or what we do for that matter but she has been sucked in too deep for us to hide it much longer. Many people are after her now that they can put a name and a face to who she is. That's why we will need to finalize this after she gets here.  They told us they will have everything under control and when she gets back her life will be back to the way it was". 

"How can you be so calm at a time like this? How are you so sure of these people?" The room went quiet as she gazed at him. "You have to read the board…" he got up from beside his wife and walled to the window. A quizzical expression played on her face.

"He is far from perfect but that boy is shifting into something different from what he was before when it comes to our daughter. When i heard he got stabbed and stil continued to fight for her i wondered if this was yhe right thing. But i doubt he will just let it go if we told him he doesnt have to go through with finding her anymore. He has already said his vows. He is prepared to lay down his life and that is all I need to know that we can leave this in his hands. I miss her just as much as you do, but you have to trust me."

Y/n pov

"Good morning beautiful" Jay's voice flooded my head as my eyes fluttered open. I slept in his bed again for the third night in a row. "Morning" I rubbed my eyes and sat up in his bed. 

I looked over to see he was wearing his towel around his waist as he went through his closet. "Are you working today?" I got up from the bed and grabbed my towel. "Yeah, not for too long though. We can go to lunch after I finish up in the studio" he pulled out his clothes and hung them on the door. 

Time passed and we were already leaving to go to the studio. Ever since the dinner, his overall behavior changed towards me. He was still his flirty self by nature but there was no aggression if I didn't become submissive to him. 

Though he was a huge Casanova I didn't see his bitches lined up anymore following him like his tail and he didn't chat up ladies while I was around. The devil works hard but Jay was working harder.

"Kris is going to watch you for the time being. I already gave him some money so you can go to the mall nearby and get breakfast" we drove in his car this time. "I don't need anything, is there something you needed while I was out?" I rubbed the nape in my neck. 

"All I need is right here with you" he sang to me. "Yeah ok" I rolled my eyes. 

 He parked in front of a building and turned the engine off. He tried to kiss me but I dodged his attempt. "Oh come on just one?" he whined in my ears. He hasn't bothered me in a while so  I pointed to my cheek. "You can kiss here". 

He took his kiss and grumbled as he got out of the car. He walked over to the entrance of the building where a man back was facing me. He gave him the keys to the car before walking into the building. I was guessing it was Kris since Jay had said he would be watching me. He walked over to the car and opened the door to the driver's seat. 

"You guys seem to be best buddies"  he buckles his seatbelt before wrapping his fingers around the steering wheel. 

"If that's what you want to call it" I rolled my eyes. "Anyways, you didn't answer my question when we were at the awards show.  And now Jay is acting all nice to me now that he knows I learned stocks from my parents. What is really going on here? I feel like I'm in the dark about this whole thing yet I seem to be tangled up in this. I'm just a normal girl". I crossed my arms and faced the road ahead.