Chapter 32

Mfbc ch 32

"Your dad wants me to shadow him while he goes to meetings. Have you ever been to one?" I cupped my mug in my hand warming up my fingers. "I have been to a handful, why?" Jimin sipped his coffee while looking out the window. The day was still up and there was nothing for us to do. I was bored, it was summer vacation and I had never stayed in Korea for the summer before. Normally after I take my last exam I was flying home the next day but since my parents are here now it made no sense to go back to the states. 

"Just wanted some insight before I started, don't want to go in completely unaware of what is going on" I looked at my cup and watched as the whipped cream melted into my coffee. I felt all my strings being pulled as they moved me around like the puppet I was meant to be. "Each meeting will be different depending on who you're talking to. Some can be as simple as this one. Two people just sitting and talking or in an abandoned building where no one can see or hear what's going on. GD isn't going to make you do anything that is gonna put you in danger but I get why he is taking you along. You don't have to worry about it you will be fine" his phone buzzed beside him. He picked it up and checked it. 

He sucked his teeth as he read what was on his phone. "What's wrong?" I sipped my coffee and turned on my phone. "So many leaches…" he began to say as he shut off his phone. "I'm going to drop you home. I have a few things I have to do this afternoon" he said while taking out his wallet.  

He dropped me home and left immediately after. I got inside and said hello to everyone who was home. Milo jumped on me as soon as he heard my voice. I dropped to my knees and rubbed him all over. He was my little cutie pie and my joy for these few months.  As I was playing with Milo, GD had come downstairs.  "Your back soon, where is Jimin?" he asked. "He said he had some things to take care of this afternoon. I think he will be home in time for dinner" I rubbed Milo's belly. 

"GD, I found out why he was really here. All of that evidence you guys found was fake. His parents didn't really send him for me they never wanted him to marry me in the first place. He is just doing all of this for his own amusement" I told him. "Well that's good, that makes the load lighter. If his parents were involved then this would have been bigger than we all wanted" he said while walking to the kitchen. "He threatened to start killing everyone if he didn't get what he wants," I told him while still playing with the happy pup.

He looked back at me, "Thats what they all say, you will find as you get more experience with this job that people start to sound the same depending on what position they are in. I have my bet that his parents really don't care what happens to him since he is going against their wishes so he has nothing to lose by being caught. He is just rambling, don't take him too seriously but also don't let your guard down. The tables can turn in a matter of seconds".

I thought about his words for a moment. This was just the beginning, an obstacle like others I will face in the future. " Y/n you can walk Milo today if you want. Try not to wander out of the neighborhood though" GD said before walking down the hall to his office.

I got Milos' leash and walked out to the front gate. Milo was so excited that he was dragging me everywhere. I took pictures of the flowers and garden we passed and some butterflies on this adventure. An hour passed while we were walking when my phone buzzed. I thought it was Jimin but just a notification for my step tracker. I was texting Jimin here and there to see if he was coming home in time for dinner but have not heard from him since. Me and Milo walked one more lap around the area before walking back home. Walking into the gates my phone buzzed in my pocket. An unknown number appeared. It was weird bcs my parents got me a new number that could never be tracked or accidentally dialed unless I gave the person my number. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Unknown-[insert photo of Jimin and Tzuyu here]

Unknown- A perfect pair aren't we? Can you leave my boyfriend alone now? It's clear he wants me and not you. I bet he didn't even tell you where he was going