𝓢𝓪𝓷 𝓕𝓮𝓻𝓷𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓸 𝓥𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓮𝔂 ~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮

❝𝓘𝓶𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓮𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓲𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓾𝓽𝔂, 𝓶𝓪𝓭𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓲𝓼 𝓰𝓮𝓷𝓲𝓾𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓪𝓫𝓼𝓸𝓵𝓾𝓽𝓮𝓵𝔂 𝓻𝓲𝓭𝓲𝓬𝓾𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝓪𝓫𝓼𝓸𝓵𝓾𝓽𝓮𝓵𝔂 𝓫𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰.❞

 Marilyn Monroe

Today is the ten years anniversary of my mother abandoning me and my dad. I was six years old. Now I'm sixteen and my fathers been remarried to Natalie for three months. Bringing my younger stepsister Hailee into the mix. We all recently moved into a 3 bedroom apartment building in San Fernando Valley. I've already applied for a job at a local sushi restaurant for some extra money. 

~

I park my Land Rover Discovery Td5 in the parking lot of the new apartment building. At least new to us.

"Doesn't look a day over a hundred years old" I tell Hailee

"At least we can agree with that" She puffs 

God, she is the sassiest thirteen-year-old I've ever seen.

She had to ride in my car since my dad's is only a two-seater. I open the trunk to my car and unload all the suitcases and boxes inside onto the pavement. Once I finish I look for Hailee to make her carry them inside but she's already gone. I hear sneakers on the pavement, looking around I see a talk dorky-looking boy around my age. 

"Hey, I'm Miguel! I moved here a month ago which apartment are you staying in?"

I adjust the frame of my cat eye sunglasses and smile, "Y/N" I shake his hand, "That one" I point up the stairs to a door just in view.

If his cheesy smile could get any bigger it just did, "You're right across from me!"  

I try to show my dimples so it seems like I'm pleased, "What high school are you attending, assuming your in high school?"

He laughs, "West Valley High, let me help with your stuff" He picks up a stack of three boxes and I grab a large suitcase

"I'm going to West Valley High, too. Let me get your socials, yeah?" 

We finish carrying the trip of my and my stepsister's belongings when he hands me his phone. It's already open on Snapchat so I enter my user and add it, "You can add me on insta too it's on the home screen." I finish adding him on everything including text, "I'll add you back later, let's just the rest of the stuff inside it looks like it's about to rain. He nods looking up at the sky. 

We make it with the second trip when it starts downpouring. Then we're running to get the stuff and laughing. Actually laughing. Not pretending for once in forever.

Maybe moving here isn't the worst. 

~

Miguel and I sit on my bare mattress with towels wrapped around us as we talk about our hopes and fears for the upcoming school year that starts next week. Since the school already distributed the schedules we compare classes.

"We have Math, English, and Lunch together!" I laugh as he does a little happy dance

"You're such a dork!" I start to snort as I laugh. 

He laughs even harder and checks his watch, "I have to go! Do you want to hang out tomorrow morning?

I smile, "Yeah totally, let me walk you out." 

~

I shut the front door and go to my room to unload my stuff. I open all of the boxes labeled 'Y/N's clothes' and 'Y/N's hangers' I begin filling my closet with my tank tops, cami tops, crop tops, teeshirts. Then I fill my dresser inside of the closet with jeans, skirts, trousers, and my many sweatpants. 

While I finish putting on my pullover sweaters and sweatshirts I hear a knock at my window. Looking over I see a soaking wet blonde sitting outside my window.

Who the hell is that???

I walk over and open the screenless window

"Who the fuck are you?"

"I'm Greg your other neighbor," He says trying to act smooth but really looking even dorkier than Miguel. 

"Come in, your letting the rain into my room."

He jumps into my room almost falling on the hardwood floor since he's dripping wet.

I throw Miguel's slightly damp towel at him, but he doesn't use it until he takes his shirt off. 

"So, I heard you and Miguel talking, we'll be attending the same school,"

I give him a questioning look, "Are you a stalker or something? How long were you outside of my window?" 

He also makes a face, "A while, not tooooo long." 

I give a mocking laugh, "We'll that's way too long." 

He starts shuffling through my opened boxes revealing a pair of undies.

"look at these, mind If I keep a pair?"

I quickly grab the pair he's holding out of his hand and close the boxes. 

"No, you creep!"

Then heavy footsteps are heard from the hallway, "Y/N, you okay in there?" 

I quickly shove the intruder into my closet as my dad comes inside.

"Yeah fine, how are you?" I sound so obvious. 

He looks at the floor and sees the water from the stranger. 

"Miguel, when he was in here," I answer before he has to ask.

"Oh, also Natalie's ordering take out what do you want?"

I give him my order and rush him out of the room, "Thanks bye! Drop it off outside of my door!" Right as he leaves the room the stranger enters it. 

"My names Y/N bye the way," 

He smiles warmly, "Welcome to the neighborhood."